Self starting apps?

paulri

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I am finding that game apps that I have not started, are all of a sudden visible on what in Windows would be called the system tray--the upper left corner of my Android screen. Also, without starting them, I get messages that require clicking OK or Close, when they try to do things.

This does mean that they are starting on their own, correct?

What can I do to keep them from giving me messages like that, and from starting to begin with, unless I ask them to?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Many games will notify you of certain events. Usually it's to let you know some time based event has happened so you know the wait is over. It's not limited to just games either. YouTube, for example, will notify you of new videos in your subscriptions.

The more well designed apps will have options to disable notifications, but not all give you this option. The other way to do this is to go into the phone's main settings and then to the app manager. Look for the offending app there and select it. In the app's info screen, there should be an option to disable notifications for it. In either case, you'll have to do it for each and every app. What I do is simply not worry about it until an unwanted notice pops up. Then I'll go and turn that notification off. This way I'm not blindly turning notifications off on multiple apps that may or may not even be a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp