Sending back the Note 8

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I do realize I need to send back my N8 as part of the upgrade program. I love both the Note 8 and 9. But every time I look at my Note 8 I say do I really need to send this back? If I don't I'll get charged for it. Every time I pick it up its more comfortable in the hands than the Note 9. But I know i have 14 days to return it. Does anyone else hate the idea and have to part with their phones and having to send it back? I know I do. Especially the moment I drop it off. It's like sending the kids off to school for the first time.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I do realize I need to send back my N8 as part of the upgrade program. I love both the Note 8 and 9. But every time I look at my Note 8 I say do I really need to send this back? If I don't I'll get charged for it. Every time I pick it up its more comfortable in the hands than the Note 9. But I know i have 14 days to return it. Does anyone else hate the idea and have to part with their phones and having to send it back? I know I do. Especially the moment I drop it off. It's like sending the kids off to school for the first time.
I have sold a lot of phones over the years and the Note phones are always the hardest to let go of even though I do it to buy the new one. They become an important part of my routine more than any other device. That being said, my Note 8 is not going anywhere. It has been way too good to me. It's the most solid all around device I've owned. I'm waiting on getting the 9 until I see a deal that I can't pass up. When I do get the Note 9, the 8 will go to my son. It's more than he needs but at least it will be in the family. He loves his G6, but he's always eyeing my Note 8.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The Note line broke me of my selling habit, lol. Sold every device I've owned since 1996. Until the Note 3. They are all in use with family members, except I'm keeping the N3 for backup.

The Note 8 however...still mine, not yet in the backup/family rotation. Maybe when I get my N10, lol!

(Oops, I lied. I do still have my BlackBerry Bold 9650 and the BB Q10...for historical purposes!)

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I traded in my s8 which has had a screen protector, dbrand skin and Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper on from Day 1.

It's in pristine condition.

I had a fleeting moment of thinking what will become of it which soon disappeared as I unboxed my Note 9. ;)

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully I'll keep this more than 1 year than I won't feel so bad having to turn it in. So far it feels solid.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Haha I feel the same, Note 8 feels good in the hands, looks good and is a great phone. I have to send mine back also but when I pick it up, it just feels like I'm a abandoning it lol, it's in mint condition.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
You never get what the phone is worth when you send it in. I always sell it for a little more than Verizon would give me for it, so somebody always gets a great phone at a great price, and I get a little more cash. I'd sell it for $300 before I gave it back to Verizon for $300.

And the 8 does feel better. It was the best phone I ever had. But the nine is bulkier for a reason.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I used the band aid method. I got the note 9 on Wednesday and when I got home, I swapped everything over and put the 8 in the box and sent it off quickly.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
This is why I personally never do trade ins with my previous devices. I have every phone I have owned from the S5. No, I no longer need it and may never use it but I too am keeping my Note 8. I am currently still using it as an extra phone on the line I had to open. I still love that phone and the camera is still great. I use both. If you don't want to send it back yet, you don't have to.. you just can't keep the trade in value for it if you don't send it back.