Separate gmail accounts on Samsung Galaxy 7?

A

AC Question

separate gmail accounts on samsung galaxy 7?

Hi everyone,

I have been using an iphone for years, and my husband begged me to try samsung and bought me one, so here i am.. liking it but struggling abit too!

I have a private gmail account and also a work account which runs on gmail (but doesnt have a gmail extension). Can I keep both separate with 2 different icons and how???

Thanks in advance!!!

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: separate gmail accounts on samsung galaxy 7?

You can have as many Gmail accounts as you wish, however, they all will reside on the 1 Gmail app. I have 3 accounts (2 for work & 1 personal). After you add the Gmail accounts is the S7 settings menu, they will auto populate to the Gmail App. When you open the Gmail App, the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen will open the menu...Scroll down to "Setttings", which will have "General Settings" which are Global settings that will apply to all of your Gmail accounts. Under "General Settings" you will find your Gmail accounts, where you can set Notifications, and a few other options specific to that Gmail account.

The Gmail App will open to the last Gmail account that you accessed, and you simply tap on the three horizontal line in the upper left screen to reveal your accounts, as well as your folders, and settings. Tap on the Gmail account you wish to access, and off you go. I use the IOS Gmail app on my iPad, and find that the Android Gmail App is so much better than the iPhone or iPad Gmail App, which is no surprise, as Google controls Android. I think that you will find the Android Gmail App to your liking.

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

As said, yep! I had around 6-7 Gmail accounts on my S4. I'm using two on my S7 so far.

GaryD9

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

I have a private gmail account and also a work account which runs on gmail (but doesnt have a gmail extension). Can I keep both separate with 2 different icons and how???
Yes, you can.

Two options:

1. If your work supports "android for work" (or is it called "google for work"?) then use that for your work email.

2. If #1 isn't an option or not desirable, then I'd suggest using the built in mail app for one account, and the gmail app for the other. That will keep the two accounts separate in different apps.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

This is what I do. My main, and my two children's accounts.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 368.jpg
    368.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753