Question Set time delay from start ringing to voicemail recording on Samsung Galaxy A15 5G

Alan0354

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi, we own two Samsung Galazy A15 5G

I went on line to look for ways to set time delay from phone start ringing to switching to voicemail recording. So far I found these:

1) Go to phone(green phone on white background) app icon. Dial " **61*321**10# " to set for 10sec delay.

2) Go to phone app, dial " **61*phone number**10# " where phone number is " 1 area code phonenumber ".

Both won't work.

Any advice for the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G?

Thanks

Last edited:

Alan0354

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
How can such a simple task so complicate? answering machines have been around for like 50yrs. I remember I bought my first in late 70s. I design electronics, I designed speakerphones, it's so easy to detect the ring and pickup, play the recording and record.

It should be just a simple setup on the phone how many rings before pickup, just that.

I search up and down, high and low on the phone, nothing, went online and got the instructions and nothing works.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
How can such a simple task so complicate? answering machines have been around for like 50yrs. I remember I bought my first in late 70s. I design electronics, I designed speakerphones, it's so easy to detect the ring and pickup, play the recording and record.

It should be just a simple setup on the phone how many rings before pickup, just that.

I search up and down, high and low on the phone, nothing, went online and got the instructions and nothing works.
The reason you can't change it yourself is because the carriers handle voicemail. You'll have to ask your carrier for assistance.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree it should be a simple task but I haven't seen a setting to control how long it rings at least last few years I can't remember lat 10 to be honest and this from different phones I've owned over the years - Samsung/Pixels/One plus

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Alan0354

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
The reason you can't change it yourself is because the carriers handle voicemail. You'll have to ask your carrier for assistance.
But what's the difference from people buying answering machine? Electronics wise, all it takes is to detect the ring, then start counting until time's up, then answer the phone and record. This is so simple in electronic design. Don't tell the young engineer is that bad!!!

Why even involve the carrier?

Alan0354

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
I agree it should be a simple task but I haven't seen a setting to control how long it rings at least last few years I can't remember lat 10 to be honest and this from different phones I've owned over the years - Samsung/Pixels/One plus
I couldn't believe my eyes when I went through the "Setting" and not finding how to set up the time. In the green phone app, they actually have a "Voicemail" tab, setting up the phone number and all. All they need is to detect the ring tone, why even worry about what number to forward and all that. Someone in Android or Samsung needs to be fired.

We are with Twigby ( using Verizon carrier), I really hate to "chat" with Twigby.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I couldn't believe my eyes when I went through the "Setting" and not finding how to set up the time. In the green phone app, they actually have a "Voicemail" tab, setting up the phone number and all. All they need is to detect the ring tone, why even worry about what number to forward and all that. Someone in Android needs to be fired.
I can give you a few suggestions, reach out to Google or Samsung /your carrier also and see what they say

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
But what's the difference from people buying answering machine? Electronics wise, all it takes is to detect the ring, then start counting until time's up, then answer the phone and record. This is so simple in electronic design. Don't tell the young engineer is that bad!!!

Why even involve the carrier?
The difference is voicemail (even on a landline) is a service provided by your carrier, not part of the phone hardware. Each carrier is different in terms of its voicemail, even if the phones people have are the same.

Alan0354

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
I wouldn't go crazy trying to find a solution doesn't look like there is one unfortunately
Funny I bought two identical phones, mine just work fine, my wife's takes too long to go to voicemail. I am going to try removing the SIM card and put it back in and see.

Android seems to have a lot of intermittent problems. A few times thing doesn't show up, I power off and on, it showed up. Power on/off does help here, next step is removing the SIM card.

I try not to do system reset, then I have to reload all the stuff again.

I hate to say, compare to Windows, Android is buggy and is much worst. It is so inconsistent. I seldom have to ask question on forums, I can find just about everything on Windows and is very consistent.

I don't come here to trouble people until I exhausted web searching and all. Just so many small little things. I bought 2 new phones because I thought my old Galaxy J3V with Android 6 was too old, that's the reason nothing I found online works. This is Galaxy A15 5G, came out at the end of 2023, with Android 14. Same old $hit so far.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Funny I bought two identical phones, mine just work fine, my wife's takes too long to go to voicemail. I am going to try removing the SIM card and put it back in and see.

Android seems to have a lot of intermittent problems. A few times thing doesn't show up, I power off and on, it showed up. Power on/off does help here, next step is removing the SIM card.

I try not to do system reset, then I have to reload all the stuff again.

I hate to say, compare to Windows, Android is buggy and is much worst. It is so inconsistent. I seldom have to ask question online, I can find just about everything on Windows and is very consistent.

I don't come here to trouble people until I exhausted web searching and all. Just so many small little things. I bought 2 new phones because I thought my old Galaxy J3V with Android 6 was too old, that's the reason nothing I found online works. This is Galaxy A15 5G, came out at the end of 2023, with Android 14. Same old $hit so far.
Yes definitely try that or if your sim is old get a new one .

To be honest not many I hear in the forums ask about this so I'm assuming the mass out there also not looking for this and why I haven't seen it available in settings.

Depends on the Android phone most mid range you should be fine but the flagships are usually smoother going.

Alan0354

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
Yes definitely try that or if your sim is old get a new one .

To be honest not many I hear in the forums ask about this so I'm assuming the mass out there also not looking for this and why I haven't seen it available in settings.

Depends on the Android phone most mid range you should be fine but the flagships are usually smoother going.
I removed and put back the SIM card. I don't remember how long was before, but it sure feels a little shorter. 5 1/2 ring cycles, so it's not too too bad.

I tell you, from 30yrs as EE and manager of EE, this doesn't surprise me. I always taught me people at work that when things doesn't work, slap it on the back, reset the thing first before even wasting time analyzing the problem. You'd be surprised how many times it worked. Particular computer based hardware. How many times the problem is lose connector, buggy firmware.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I hate to say, compare to Windows, Android is buggy and is much worst. It is so inconsistent. I seldom have to ask question on forums, I can find just about everything on Windows and is very consistent.
It's frustrating when things don't work the way you want them to and I certainly wouldn't disagree that Windows is a more consistent operating system.

I think the key difference between Windows and Android is that Windows is a 40-year-old closed source, proprietary system and Android is a 15-year-old open source system. So, Windows is not only a more mature system (its been around more than twice as long as Android), it is also a system completely controlled by Microsoft. Android, on the other hand, while developed and released by Google, has multiple third parties (such as Samsung) adding their own "stuff" to the Google system release. This, along with far more available third party apps (3.15 million Android apps vs 670,000 Windows apps) makes Android the wild, wild west compared to Microsoft. There are going to be hickups in such a vast, open system.

I also worked with Windows for many years and became fairly confident and competent working with the system (in another life it seems, I built, troubleshoot and repaired Windows PC's, developed websites, desktop publishing, etc.) I am nowhere even close to being as confident and competent with Android and I have been using it for quite a few years now. That being said, I am pretty independent with the system and can generally figure out its twists and turns.

For me, part of the fun of the wild, wild west nature of Android is that there is always something new to discover and learn. I felt that same joy of discovery in my journey becoming fairly confident and competent with Windows.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride! 😉

Reactions: Alan0354

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Verosmod