Settings Question

Telescopist

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I am brand new to this phone. I have version 4.3 and my carrier is Verizon. Utilizing the Multi Windows, any time I attempt to drop and drag an image from Gallery or a snippet from the internet into Gmail I get a message "Not Supported". Drop and drag is not playing nice with Gmail. However, if I open up my Yahoo account then drag & drop into it the .png file I find that it is supported. Then it gets weird. If I do a Cc to my Gmail account the images are sent sent. So, I am confused about that message and the problem. I am new to the device so I was reading this one tutorial on what features to enable & disable in Note 3. First up: 'How to use multi window mode'. First sentence: "To enable Multi Window mode, toggle it to on in the Device tab under Settings." Cool. The only problem is that the screen shot displayed shows a row: Connection--Device--Controls--General. None of that shows up when I open Settings either from the tool bar on top or from the Menu. My settings menu begins with the Wireless networks and makes its way to the devices. So I really have two problems: 1. why I cannot drop & drag into another app such as Gmail and 2. why my Setting menu does not contain the things listed above. Thanks for any help.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am brand new to this phone. I have version 4.3 and my carrier is Verizon. Utilizing the Multi Windows, any time I attempt to drop and drag an image from Gallery or a snippet from the internet into Gmail I get a message "Not Supported". Drop and drag is not playing nice with Gmail. However, if I open up my Yahoo account then drag & drop into it the .png file I find that it is supported. Then it gets weird. If I do a Cc to my Gmail account the images are sent sent. So, I am confused about that message and the problem. I am new to the device so I was reading this one tutorial on what features to enable & disable in Note 3. First up: 'How to use multi window mode'. First sentence: "To enable Multi Window mode, toggle it to on in the Device tab under Settings." Cool. The only problem is that the screen shot displayed shows a row: Connection--Device--Controls--General. None of that shows up when I open Settings either from the tool bar on top or from the Menu. My settings menu begins with the Wireless networks and makes its way to the devices. So I really have two problems: 1. why I cannot drop & drag into another app such as Gmail and 2. why my Setting menu does not contain the things listed above. Thanks for any help.

You mean like this?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1388876363847.jpg
    1388876363847.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 54

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This is what I see. I don't recognize what you are talking about 3rd from the top. I was able to finally attach files in Gmail by drag and drop.

what is in the more setting? on your phone

and what is below in device?

and beside your data usage icon you have a white notch with an arrow ..what is inside?

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This is what I see in mine

Attachments

• 1388898554707.jpg
    1388898554707.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 32

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Telescopist....
when u scroll down what other info does your settings window show?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This is what I see. I don't recognize what you are talking about 3rd from the top. I was able to finally attach files in Gmail by drag and drop.

I get the same not supported error when trying to drag and drop. How did you fix it in Gmail? I can do it in the email app, but not the Gmail app.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what you guys did with your phone. .rooted?
I have no problem with mine to drag and drop in gmail

Telescopist

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
what is in the more setting? on your phone

and what is below in device?

and beside your data usage icon you have a white notch with an arrow ..what is inside?

Sorry for the delay in responding back. Got tied up. First answer to what is in the "more setting" when I tap on More settings.
Settings.jpg
When you tap on the white notch with an arrow the Multi Task Window opens up and looks like this. I'm assuming that all Notebook 3's have this function??
tempFileForShare.jpg

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what you guys did with your phone. .rooted?
I have no problem with mine to drag and drop in gmail

I tried it and I got the same error, it worked with the text message app but not in the gmail app, also I have the Gmail app not the gmail through the native Email app. and I think thats the problem, it for some reason doesn't work with the Gmail app, but it does work through the native email app

Telescopist...
when you go into your settings click the menu button (left soft key) and you can change the viewing option of the settings window.

Telescopist

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
'I don't know what you guys did with your phone. .rooted?'
No I have only had the phone for a couple of days. I am holding off rooting.
'I tried it and I got the same error, it worked with the text message app but not in the gmail app, also I have the Gmail app not the gmail through the native Email app. and I think thats the problem, it for some reason doesn't work with the Gmail app, but it does work through the native email app'
Yes. That is what I found out yesterday. The native email appl works fine. I can Cc my Gmail account and send things successfully. This is a bug that Samsung or Google ought to address.\
'Telescopist...when you go into your settings click the menu button (left soft key) and you can change the viewing option of the settings window.'
Wow! That worked. Thanks a huge amount. I thought there was something wrong with the phone. I like this format much better.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Probably that's what it is . I have the Gmail in native mail and work really good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital