Share option stuck on Google+

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
When I cruise Facebook and I want to share a photo, it brings up the google+ share page. So when I click on the picture, hit the overflow menu, share, it comes right up with the Google+ share tab. It doesn't give me an option to what social media to share with. I have tried clearing the default in the g+ app but it is greyed out. I did clear cache and data. I cleared default, cache and data in Facebook but nothing helps. If I try to share a photo from g+ it gives me all the options. I don't know where to go now. Any help would be appreciated.

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Something weird has happened

I need clarification--are you trying to share a photo you saw on Facebook to some other social network, or are you trying to share a photo that is stored locally on your phone to Facebook?

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I am trying to share from Facebook to Facebook. I don't like using the share button on the post itself because it has the other persons name.

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so you're on Facebook, you come across a picture in a post that you want to share. You tap the picture so that it fills the screen. When you tap the 3-vertical-dot menu button, and then press "Share," you're saying that all you get is the option to share via Google+? I get a whole list of Share options, including Facebook.

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Screen shots

Tap this pic

3azyge2y.jpg

Get this

3uve9ysy.jpg

Tap share....get this

azabe3ys.jpg

Its weird

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. I'm stumped. I'm using a Nexus 5, so it's not directly comparable. Hopefully someone else with an Ultra or a Maxx can give us their perspective.

One other thing to try is to uninstall Facebook, then reinstall it (or, if it's preinstalled, then uninstall all updates, then update it again).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I forgot to ask--do you recall ever being able to share Facebook photos to other social networks on your phone? Is this a new occurrence?

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Its new and I just noticed that the same thing happens on tapatalk. Twitter works right.

-Jason

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed the same issue trying to share from Chrome, Chrome Beta, and YouTube. I've cleared all my app launch defaults but that hasn't changed anything. I like sharing web pages to Google Keep so I can read them later but this has kept me from doing that lately.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums mobile app

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

When I hit the 3 button menu button, I get the small white menu that has "share" and when I tap share I get the following list of options:
image.jpg

Do you not get this? Oh, and I do have the Ultra.

Well...I'm editing myself. I went back and looked at your post more carefully and it appears you don't get this list of options. Wish I knew why.

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

So it gets weirder.....

Regular action launcher
Chrome for android
Twitter
EBay
Google+
Google keep
Photos
Quick office
YouTube

Google+ post
Tapatalk
Facebook

I dunno what happened. It seems like the non google accounts are broken.

-Jason

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Fixed. The google+ team helped.

"Settings, Apps, All Apps, tap the Menu Tab, Clear App Preferences. Hope this works...

Happens to me. I get stuck only sending to Gmail. This is what I do..."

Worked great. What is does is enables all the disabled apps. I must have disabled one that I shouldn't have.

-Jason

Ryansp1973

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Hello,
I had a similiar issue . I was only able to share apps in the app Play store to Facebook. I did what you did and Reset App Preferences and now i get the complete drop-down list ( same as in WestieMom's Post Above) with all Share Options.

Thanks
:cool:
Ryansp1973
Motorola Droid Ultra
KitKat 4.4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante