Shared screen time across multiple devices?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi!

I have two great kids using multiple Android devices. When they only had one Android device (tablet) it was easy to use Google Family Link to set a set amount of screen time each day. This worked great to keep screen usage within reasonable times on school days and kept us parents from nagging. When using screen time it keeps the discussions to a minimum because there is clear rules. Technological solutions when it's the best!

However, when they got older they also got an Android phone to be able to play Pokemon Go and calling grandparents. The screen time set in Google Family Link is set for each device, so now they can have twice the screen time and the used screen time is not synced across devices. This means we parents need to check the used screen time in the Family link app manually and add it together. This seems like a oversight. If the Family Link app keeps track of screen time used for each device, why can't it also keep track of the total screen time used?

Anyway, I have still not found a working solution for this. Microsoft Family Safety also do not share screen time across devices.

I assume I'm not the only one having this need. Anyone found a working solution? If it also could include computers running Microsoft Windows it would be even better!

Last edited by a moderator: