Sharp panel or Tianma panel?

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the polarization is different as well, considering mine is fine in portrait mode but I can't see it at all in landscape. This seems to be opposite of what many are saying about theirs.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the polarization is different as well, considering mine is fine in portrait mode but I can't see it at all in landscape. This seems to be opposite of what many are saying about theirs.

Sounds like you have a Sharp panel. There is very little difference between the two panels. They both can have the pink hue but that will go away in time and both have approximately the same brightness. Biggest difference in the two is one is polarized vertical and the other is polarized horizontal. Most people that have compared the two panels prefer the tianma panel.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded that app and checked and sure enough, Sharp panel. I am glad I got the Sharp panel since I use my phone in portrait 98% of the time. Interesting stuff.

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded that app and checked and sure enough, Sharp panel. I am glad I got the Sharp panel since I use my phone in portrait 98% of the time. Interesting stuff.

Sharp isn't better than the other for all aspects and it was costing more battery

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have Tianma also, got mine from Verizon store a few days after release. Screen makes no difference to me in the end. Dont use polarized lenses in my sunglasses, even if I did, I could take them off for that few seconds I check the phone.

OptimusTarzan

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have Tianma also, got mine from Verizon store a few days after release. Screen makes no difference to me in the end. Dont use polarized lenses in my sunglasses, even if I did, I could take them off for that few seconds I check the phone.

Sprint release with Sharp screen crew checking in. Try it again with polarized glasses while using the phone as navigation.🙄

Dr. S

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Those of you with the Sharp panels - did any of you buy unlocked from HTC? I have one on the way, and I do wear polarized sunglasses, so I'm hoping for the Sharp version.

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint model with Sharp panel here. Have a small spec of dust under the glass and can't decide if I should exchange it, as there is no pink hue at all and looks good from an angle

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Sprint model here with Tianma. No problems and looks good to me. Can't see the screen with my polarized sunglasses, but I have an app for that...It's called flipping my sunglasses up for a minute while I look at the screen.Works really good. The only permission it asked for when installing was to access me whining. I denied it. :)

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Sprint model here with Tianma. No problems and looks good to me. Can't see the screen with my polarized sunglasses, but I have an app for that...It's called flipping my sunglasses up for a minute while I look at the screen.Works really good. The only permission it asked for when installing was to access me whining. I denied it. :)

Haha is it just me or is the polarization issue the definition of First World Problems?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis