Should I get a new phone on Sprint with the upcoming merger?

mveltkamp

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a Sprint customer, yeah I know, I know. Service is pretty good in my area and price can't be beat. I have been looking to upgrade my phone (GS7 Edge) for a while now but am hesitant with the upcoming merger. If i get a latest and greatest phone from Sprint, maybe the GS10, will it work well with the new Tmobile when the companies combine?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The S10 is supposed to cover both CDMA and GSM, so you might not even need a new SIM card after the merger. But there's a difference between "supposed to" and "does", so I'd wait until it's released.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would buy a new phone if you want. Even if it's approved it'll take at least 3 years to fully swap everything over.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I just bought an S9+ from Sprint Saturday and I also have the
Note 9.
I was going to give it to Mom but I'm going to keep it and hopefully I'll come across a trade in deal for the Note 10.

Nothing will happen for quite some time before you're trying to figure out what to do with it.
If it's paid off, you can get it unlocked. If it's leased, and they do have good deals at Sprint. You would have it paid off by the time the Merger is settled, and customers resolutions are resolved with their phones.
Go for it! You've Checked the service area for your town, so have at it when you're ready.
Good luck

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have Sprint as well, and service has been good in my area. Customer service is another story, but it is what it is lol. I got a great deal on my Note 9 through them - I say go for it. You will be very pleased with a newer Samsung - the S7Edge was a nice phone but it's getting fairly dated.