Should I replace my epic?

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It seems like my phone is coming very loose from the keyboard. When I touch the screen it makes like a click sound cause the phone and keyboard are so loose. And when you look at it from the side where the volume buttons are I can make a pretty good sized gap. Anyone else notice this? Is there any way to tighten or should I get a replacement? My phone works so well and I have it set up perfectly for me. Thanks for the help.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I would say you have a problem just based on the fact that my epic is very tight and sturdy and no gap so you should bring it in to see if it can be fixed or get a replacement.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend that has had the epic since release and I hadn't played with it for a while till a few days ago I have noticed after a while of use and abuse the top screen and the bottom keyboard do get very loose and if you don't have to pay much I would deff get the new one if its free

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

musclehead84

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this phone is only about two weeks old. It's always been loose but it's getting really bad. I just hate the fact I have to get a refurb since past my thirty days. Hopefully it's just as good.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It seems like my phone is coming very loose from the keyboard. When I touch the screen it makes like a click sound cause the phone and keyboard are so loose. And when you look at it from the side where the volume buttons are I can make a pretty good sized gap. Anyone else notice this? Is there any way to tighten or should I get a replacement? My phone works so well and I have it set up perfectly for me. Thanks for the help.

There shouldn't be any gaps. Try to push and see if it clicks shut.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this phone is only about two weeks old. It's always been loose but it's getting really bad. I just hate the fact I have to get a refurb since past my thirty days. Hopefully it's just as good.

Did you purchase insurance on it? If so, you would get a free replacement (if they can't fix it - that is).

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I have opened my keyboard twice in the 2-3 months I have had it... Mine is still as tight as the day I brought it home.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mine is some what slinky as well, and when i try to take a picture, it feels like the screen is about to slide up.
from what i read it has to be unmoable unless i open the keyboard, not by light touches.

I did call Amazon, and i got the replacement being sent :)
they are out of stock at the moment, but wee! I'll be getting it on the first shipment!

Glad to have read this, because is hella annoying, when you're talking on the phone and the phone itself is like clicking because of the loose screen and division of the keyboard and the back of it.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Did you purchase insurance on it? If so, you would get a free replacement (if they can't fix it - that is).

Using insurance would be paying $100 for a new one. Free service and repair will fix it if they have slider mechanisms in the back, or get a replacement phone delivered. The replacement will most likely be a refurb at this point in time.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Just from what you said about having your phone set up the way you want I would say see if you could get it fixed 1st. I use my keyboard all the time so my epic is opened and closed many times through out the day and its right over a month old and still strong so maybe there are a few epics out there that are messed up like this so check it out before trying to get it replaced.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What are you using these phones for? A pry bar? hahah... I open and close mine dozens of times a day and I realize I'm kinda hard on mine, still no troubles after 2 months.

I would imagine if you contacted your local Sprint authorized repair shop a good tech (not one out to burn you) would be able to order up a new slider covers/track/plates (whatever you want to call them) instead of replacing the whole phone resulting in a replacement fee using your Sprint addon replacement insurance warranty.

I know my local repair rep gutted and replaced everything possible (faceplate, keypad, various internals) on my Blackberry and still couldn't get it working properly then sent out for a reburbished (recieved next day) before I purchased my Epic and never charged me a cent, all covered for free on my $7 a month insurance addon. Take note this was not a friend of mine either, simply walked in first time I've ever been there and he handled everything.

I recommended calling up your local Sprint repair dealer and talk to them.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Using insurance would be paying $100 for a new one. Free service and repair will fix it if they have slider mechanisms in the back, or get a replacement phone delivered. The replacement will most likely be a refurb at this point in time.

Don't you think monthly insurance is worth it?
I had an issue with my speaker and had the phone replaced with a new one (out of box) without problems in no time (no questions asked). That was a shocking customer service experience.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't you think monthly insurance is worth it?
I had an issue with my speaker and had the phone replaced with a new one (out of box) without problems in no time (no questions asked). That was a shocking customer service experience.

Lets see... Is the insurance worth it??? My 14 year old daughter to date dropped her intercept in a toilet, lost it at a football game and let it fall out of her pocket letting it go through the bottom of the bleachers and shatter 75 feet below on the concrete at a different football game.

For Christmas she got an Epic like dad. Does anyone think I wouldn't get the insurance?