shows phone charging but % isnt going up.

Adrian Jones4

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Been having a bit of trouble charging my phone lately. It shows its charging but the % doesnt go up. Ive tried several chargers and tried a new battery. Sometimes it will charge normal though but it seems to be getting worse. Ive tried cleaning the charging pins as well. Another problem ive found as well is say if the battery shows 18% left and i take the battery out and put it back in it will go down to 10%. Anyone had a similar problem? Im not sure if the logic board is on its way out or if its a faulty charging port. Or could it be a software glitch?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! I'd focus on the microUSB port, which might be damaged or faulty. When you're plugged into a wall outlet, does the phone say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB)?

Also, has there been any water damage?

Adrian Jones4

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. When I plug it into the mains it says AC and when I plug it into a usb socket it comes up with USB. No its never had any water damage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The battery monitor software might need calibration. If you keep it plugged into a wall outlet overnight, does it ultimately charge up to 100%? If so, do that, then use it normally until it shuts off from low battery. Charge back up to 100%, then repeat the cycle a total of 3 times. Then see if the monitor is more accurate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you try charging it on a wall outlet overnight? USB ports on a computer typically don't provide a lot of current.

Adrian Jones4

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Took the phone completely apart today to check everything but couldnt see any damage. Put it back together and ive managed to charge it to 100%. Hopefully its cured now. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Keep us updated. Maybe by taking it apart and putting it back together, you tightened some loose connection.

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It is because of the following reasons:
1. Too many apps are running at the backend (Restart your phone and charge).
2. Your phone is infected by a virus- draining it much faster.

Solutions:
1. Restart and charge.
2. Power off the phone and charge.
3. Update the software.
4. Check overheating.
5. Change the phone battery.
This should do it, if that doesn't solve check the following:

Method to solve Samsung Galaxy S4 Charging Problem | Smartphone repairing guide

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member