crazins

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, so how many of you have signed up for updates on both the motorola and verizon sites for the bionic? I know I have, and with only 2 days left until launch, I'm wondering why I haven't seen a single update from either of them. Is it just me or has no one else gotten an email from them?

also on the droid does website, we went through all that with boingboing and we didn't even seen anything about the bionic. go ahead and pop over there real quick ill wait.... SEE?! nothing! not so much as an accessories page! just some mumbo jumbo about the contest! I dont know about you guys, I feel cheated! and whats up with the level 2 access!? it seems like its part of the droid charge section more than the bionic section. It doesn't tell us anything.

maybe one of you can shed some light on it...

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's called patience. None of us have enough of it. :)
They'll start sending stuff once Verizon decides to formally announce the phone. Should be today or tomorrow.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I dont know much about the launch and getting emails. I'm personally not too worried about it. We know it's out on Wednesday, so what does it matter if Moto or VZW sends me an email confirming? No biggie to me.

As far as the droiddoes.com site, that whole thing with the blog sites entering their code was ONLY for the AR Scavenger hunt. It really didnt have anything to do with the phone, but just some build up and marketing to get the new game going. That was my interpretation anyway, based off of the fact that each code only revealed some of the promo video. There was no indication that it was about the phone, only the game.

Just my thoughts. Hope they helped.

crazins

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I dont know much about the launch and getting emails. I'm personally not too worried about it. We know it's out on Wednesday, so what does it matter if Moto or VZW sends me an email confirming? No biggie to me.

As far as the droiddoes.com site, that whole thing with the blog sites entering their code was ONLY for the AR Scavenger hunt. It really didnt have anything to do with the phone, but just some build up and marketing to get the new game going. That was my interpretation anyway, based off of the fact that each code only revealed some of the promo video. There was no indication that it was about the phone, only the game.

Just my thoughts. Hope they helped.
Very true but I think everyone is missing the point, why even have the sign up pages then not send a single email until the day before its released? what kind of marketing is that? also as far as droiddoes.com they list info for other droid phones but only mention the contest for the bionic. wouldn't you expect them to at least show a picture of the phone?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Wednesday? I think you mean Thursday the 8th. :)

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish it were out tomorrow :(

What the Hell. I'll probably check out the online ordering in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Hey, you never know. They may take orders so that you can receive the phone on the release date. Yeah, I know. A long shot, but what else would I be doing? Sleeping?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It's called patience. None of us have enough of it. :)
They'll start sending stuff once Verizon decides to formally announce the phone. Should be today or tomorrow.

You've said something like this in another thread as well. I don't understand what you mean by "formally announce." Verizon is current spending millions of dollars running commercials for the Bionic right now that say it's available on Sept 8. Isn't that a formal announcement?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of people are still waiting on their Thunderbolt emails...I don't think you'll ever really see one until like maybe next week.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You've said something like this in another thread as well. I don't understand what you mean by "formally announce." Verizon is current spending millions of dollars running commercials for the Bionic right now that say it's available on Sept 8. Isn't that a formal announcement?

They're all teaser announcements. There hasn't been any Verizon press release about the release date or plans that I'm aware of. Typically, they do a formal press release and announcement about a device like this either way in advance of the launch or nearly at launch depending on the marketing approach. When you see a press release from Verizon about the Bionic, then they're formally announcing the device. A matter of semantics, but everyone wondering why they haven't gotten emails and why the device isn't on display in Verizon stores just need to wait for that fun filled final marketing push.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little worried they plan on announcing it the 8th. Never said released 9/8. just the date with no formal announcement... and today is running out. Announced 9/8 -- released ??? Though it seems like we have a ton of evidence that stores are warming up for a 9/8 release... I should go to a store after work and see what they say.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yup called two stores this afternoon and they claim they know nothing about when phones are arriving.

Sent from my DROIDX

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little worried they plan on announcing it the 8th. Never said released 9/8. just the date with no formal announcement... and today is running out. Announced 9/8 -- released ??? Though it seems like we have a ton of evidence that stores are warming up for a 9/8 release... I should go to a store after work and see what they say.

You're getting way too paranoid about this now :) It's being released the 8th, don't fret it.

Reactions: anon(387460)

crazins

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
They're all teaser announcements. There hasn't been any Verizon press release about the release date or plans that I'm aware of. Typically, they do a formal press release and announcement about a device like this either way in advance of the launch or nearly at launch depending on the marketing approach. When you see a press release from Verizon about the Bionic, then they're formally announcing the device. A matter of semantics, but everyone wondering why they haven't gotten emails and why the device isn't on display in Verizon stores just need to wait for that fun filled final marketing push.
launch is in less that 24 hours, no formal announcement and i still havent seen a single commercial... if this is a marketing tactic im confused by it.... maybe they figure they already generated enough hype for it and dont want to spend any more on advertising. they just figure if you dont already know about it your probably not going to buy it?

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
launch is in less that 24 hours, no formal announcement and i still havent seen a single commercial... if this is a marketing tactic im confused by it.... maybe they figure they already generated enough hype for it and dont want to spend any more on advertising. they just figure if you dont already know about it your probably not going to buy it?

the press release was out this morning. It is official.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
There will not be any more of a marketing push. The phone will be in stores first thing in the morning. We have seen a few different commercials, I would be shocked if we see anything more than another commercial or two. I am not sure what else people are expecting, a public service announcement? I will also be shocked if we actually get any emails from moto or VZW, I know it's rediculous that the phone would be released and they wouldn't even send an email notice after we signed up, but that just seems to be how they do business. They put out a sign up page, to hook people and make them think that they are working on it, but nothing ever comes of it, typically.

crazins

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
the press release was out this morning. It is official.
dcgore can you shoot me a link to the official press release? and jasper i think people were expecting something a little more than nothing... i mean remember the og droid commercials? the little robot arm pushing buttons on the droid? at least edit the bionic in there where the og droid was and run it again lol.

i agree about the sign up page... why even put it up? what did they do with our emails? sell em off for fun?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I love how I just got an email from Android Central Daily that the phone is coming out tomorrow and I don't have one from Verizon yet XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts