Signal drop issue

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
It was late last night when I posted about solution to my problem. Here is setting that was causing signal loss when starting a call. After turning Adaptive Battery off it never happened again.
68e3b200b68b954ee354371f21a75581.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Was it battery-saver mode or Adaptive Battery mode or both?

ishtar007

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It was adaptive battery!
I was already thinking of returning phone, but while searching for solution or some other people with same problem, I ran into video on youtube and started reading commments about connectivity issue. One guy was quite persistently answering others to try turning off adaptive battery. Luckily it worked for me.

Travelholic35

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
It was adaptive battery!
I was already thinking of returning phone, but while searching for solution or some other people with same problem, I ran into video on youtube and started reading commments about connectivity issue. One guy was quite persistently answering others to try turning off adaptive battery. Luckily it worked for me.

I have a Pixel 7 Pro in Canada which is fully supported by carriers. There is a residential area 5 mins away from my house where my barber is located.

For the last few weeks, every time I go to that area... My phone drops connectivity and nothing works. I also get a ! Sign after a little while.

I took my work iPad with me, which is on the same network as my personal phone and it was working absolutely fine at the same time as the Pixel 7 Pro was not working at all.

That clearly rules out the network issue which I thought all along was the issue. It's weird that Pixel 6 Pro never had this issue. But Pixel 6 Pro dropped connectivity in other parts of the city where the 7 Pro seems to be working just fine.

I will try to turn off the adaptive battery and see if that resolves the issue.

Needless to say, this will be the last Pixel phone I will ever buy. I'm so done with this company. I've been a loyal customer since the Pixel 2. I bought every single Pixel every year, except Pixel 5. But they've truly lost a loyal customer in me. As much as I loved the camera and design of the Pixel 6 Pro and now the Pixel 7 Pro...there are just too many little nuisances which shouldn't be happening to a company like Google.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Pixel 7 Pro in Canada which is fully supported by carriers. There is a residential area 5 mins away from my house where my barber is located.

For the last few weeks, every time I go to that area... My phone drops connectivity and nothing works. I also get a ! Sign after a little while.

I took my work iPad with me, which is on the same network as my personal phone and it was working absolutely fine at the same time as the Pixel 7 Pro was not working at all.

That clearly rules out the network issue which I thought all along was the issue. It's weird that Pixel 6 Pro never had this issue. But Pixel 6 Pro dropped connectivity in other parts of the city where the 7 Pro seems to be working just fine.

I will try to turn off the adaptive battery and see if that resolves the issue.

Needless to say, this will be the last Pixel phone I will ever buy. I'm so done with this company. I've been a loyal customer since the Pixel 2. I bought every single Pixel every year, except Pixel 5. But they've truly lost a loyal customer in me. As much as I loved the camera and design of the Pixel 6 Pro and now the Pixel 7 Pro...there are just too many little nuisances which shouldn't be happening to a company like Google.
Are you on January update?

Travelholic35

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
Are you on January update?

Yes I am. It didn't solve the issue unfortunately. I will certainly try turning off adaptive battery & see if that does the trick.

The funny thing is, when I first received my 7 Pro in November, it would work in this particular area of the city, but I would definitely notice a reduction in speed. But for the last few weeks, it doesn't work at all and I get the exclamation point where the signal strength is shown.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I am. It didn't solve the issue unfortunately. I will certainly try turning off adaptive battery & see if that does the trick.

The funny thing is, when I first received my 7 Pro in November, it would work in this particular area of the city, but I would definitely notice a reduction in speed. But for the last few weeks, it doesn't work at all and I get the exclamation point where the signal strength is shown.
I believe January update is with lot of bugs

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah see if adaptive fixes it , I turned off adaptive network and it helped in the past .

I would also try reset network in settings

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I believe January update is with lot of bugs

I agree that there seems to be a lot of bugs in the January update. I have had some issues with signal drop and the exclamation point on my Pixel 7 Pro, but what I really notice since the January update is when I am using Android Auto and on a phone call, it will seem like the call dropped as it goes black, but it was actually the bluetooth issue. If I cycle my phone from bluetooth to speaker and back to bluetooth the call audio comes back. I know it isn't completely related but I mistook it as a signal issue even though I wasn't getting the exclamation point at the time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree that there seems to be a lot of bugs in the January update. I have had some issues with signal drop and the exclamation point on my Pixel 7 Pro, but what I really notice since the January update is when I am using Android Auto and on a phone call, it will seem like the call dropped as it goes black, but it was actually the bluetooth issue. If I cycle my phone from bluetooth to speaker and back to bluetooth the call audio comes back. I know it isn't completely related but I mistook it as a signal issue even though I wasn't getting the exclamation point at the time.
Bluetooth was one of main bugs for January update

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth was one of main bugs for January update
I know but at first I thought I wasn't having an issue because music worked fine, but calls would go silent and I thought it was signal or a dropped call and would hang up and call back. But then I tried switching to speakerphone from my cars screen and then back to the car and it came back which means it must have been a Bluetooth issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know but at first I thought I wasn't having an issue because music worked fine, but calls would go silent and I thought it was signal or a dropped call and would hang up and call back. But then I tried switching to speakerphone from my cars screen and then back to the car and it came back which means it must have been a Bluetooth issue.

Yeah sounds like it