Silence power-on sounds; Galaxy S4

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The first thing I do after waking (typically 05:00) is to turn on my phone. The second thing I do is to duck whatever solid object my wife throws at me for waking her up...

Is there anything I can do to mute the "Samsung Sound"? Muting the beeps when I enter my SIM PIN would be an added bonus. :)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
You can just not turn your phone off at night. Silence it instead and don't turn the sounds on until after your out of earshot of your wife.

asdfasdfgasdfadfs

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
The first thing I do after waking (typically 05:00) is to turn on my phone. The second thing I do is to duck whatever solid object my wife throws at me for waking her up...

Is there anything I can do to mute the "Samsung Sound"? Muting the beeps when I enter my SIM PIN would be an added bonus. :)

If you put you phone ringer on vibrate or silent mode, when you power it up in the AM it should boot up in that same mode and you will not hear the splash/startup screen. It works that way on my Sprint phone.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Silencing sounds on the S4 is not as easy as it seems.

For stock Rom and even on custom roms (at least TW roms, which retain Samsung features) using the blocking app and turning off notifications frequently does not apply or "catch" some apps that seem to sound off in spite of the silencing measures.

When you (or, worse, your better half) hears a sound in the middle of the night after running through the normal muting functions or routines, then it is necessary to identify the offending app, open it up and get into its settings and ensure it has no notification sounds. (It's not enough to go into app management and turn off notifications for that app!!)

As to the start up sound muting, well the rooting/ changing file name is good; also many custom roms don't have startup sounds; and finally you might try to turn off the volume when you are sitting down and see if that holds for the next restart (but I am not sure that will work...)

Good luck

Posted via Android Central App

ricardogaliza

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You can use an app called Startup Manager and in the customize check the "Enable silent boot", this puts automaticly your phone to silence when you power it off and back to ringer when power on!

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
If you put you phone ringer on vibrate or silent mode, when you power it up in the AM it should boot up in that same mode and you will not hear the splash/startup screen.
Thanks (and also Rashawn29) for your suggestions. This will give me the incentive to investigate the various modes, tomorrow.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can easily create shortcuts to silent ur phone using the app Audio Manager Pro... This is what I've done... Modes change with a click of a button

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375168239372.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375168239372.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 42

Joanna Johnston

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Startup Manager and it seems to be working; however I had some trouble following ricardogaliza's instructions. After some research, I found how to do it. The way to get to "enable silent boot" within Startup Manager is: in the upper right there should be a column of three dots; click on that and then settings. The silent boot option is in there. P.S., it still makes a small sound but much, much quieter!

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am resurrecting this thread because I have the opposite issue, my poweron file is where it is supposed to be but it does not play at boot. I am not rooted and have only had this phone a couple of weeks. Why might it not play? I don't need to rush out and turn it on but I am wondering...

Sherill Lizz

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
In general I find it amazing that Samsung hasn't given the user the options to deal with the nasty noises at start-up and shut down. Each and every stupid phone does the job, as well as cameras.
Using apps, or rooting the phone. Please... Probably there was NOBODY at Samsung who thought of this?