Sim card issues - sim card not registered message

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sim card issues

Update: I returned the used Note 5 that I was having issues with and bought a brand new one from best buy. So far no issues. If there is one I'll be back here posting. Has anybody tried doing a factory restore and skipping the update? I'm new to Android, but from what I saw when I reset the Note 5 I was returning you had to manually do that security update.

I'll be curious to hear what happens.

I just don't get why it happens multiple times in the morning and then nothing again for days. (not just the morning, but usually back to back to back within a few hours)

Posted via the Android Central App

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm planning on doing a factory reset IF Verizon ever gives us the marshmallow upgrade. Hopefully that will fix it if the next update does not.

Lately for me it only happens at work in the morning. My phone sits on my desk most of the day.

FMT5.56

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

My note 5 (sprint) was having the "Sim card removed" error a dozen times a day until I reactivated the phone and it updated the PRL. I'm unsure of how to manually reactivate the phone but I wonder if the PRL update would of fixed it in the first place.

metall0099

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site

My note 5 (sprint) was having the "Sim card removed" error a dozen times a day until I reactivated the phone and it updated the PRL. I'm unsure of how to manually reactivate the phone but I wonder if the PRL update would of fixed it in the first place.
FMT5.56,

How has that been working for you?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to Marshmallow (Verizon) and then after that, I did a factory reset as well just to make sure and for a fresh start.

That was yesterday.

Now today, I've had the SIM card issue 4 times today already...

Has anyone found a solution? I've replaced the sim card, I've called Verizon and they tell me that no one has mentioned any similar problems to them and I can't find a pattern. The damn message pops up randomly.

* While it sits on my desk at work while playing music, I'll get a text notification and so I push the home button to light the screen up and it's suddenly there and now today... While in the middle of a call. *

I mean, seriously!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garyacer