Question Sim in S10e doesn't fully work

joehune77

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I activated my TruConnect phone a couple weeks ago and when I took my sim form my Stratus C7 put my sim in my new S10e only the texts work and the calls get interrupted and say network disconnected and the mobile data doesn't work

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.
Have you called TruConnect customer service for help? I know it's kind of a no answer but they would be the best ones ask about connection issues.

Did you buy the phone used? I know there may still be places to get a new one so I have to ask.

Was it referbed, private seller, or a friend? I ask trying to figure out how much you know about the device.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
To expand a bit, what model number is the S10e? Does it end with F/DS, W or U?

TruConnect uses T-Mobile's network, and they have primarily used LTE bands 66 and 71 in recent years. The U model supports both (along with about a dozen other lower band numbers), while the other two don't have band 71. Without 71, in some places, it could severely reduce your cellular connection. It all depends though. There are areas where it's not used at all, sticking to the more common band 2 or 4/66 so it could be other issues.

Also, need to check the APN settings if it's not setting it automatically. TruConnent's support website has what that setting should be.

joehune77

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
To expand a bit, what model number is the S10e? Does it end with F/DS, W or U?

TruConnect uses T-Mobile's network, and they have primarily used LTE bands 66 and 71 in recent years. The U model supports both (along with about a dozen other lower band numbers), while the other two don't have band 71. Without 71, in some places, it could severely reduce your cellular connection. It all depends though. There are areas where it's not used at all, sticking to the more common band 2 or 4/66 so it could be other issues.

Also, need to check the APN settings if it's not setting it automatically. TruConnent's support website has what that setting should be.
It ends with U and I use the truconnect apn settings and it shows up as registered but when i look at sim card info it says mobile network disconnected but it says its registered and also the signal strength everywhere I go is usually -120 dBm 20 asu and im in a big city

Last edited:

joehune77

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.
Have you called TruConnect customer service for help? I know it's kind of a no answer but they would be the best ones ask about connection issues.

Did you buy the phone used? I know there may still be places to get a new one so I have to ask.

Was it referbed, private seller, or a friend? I ask trying to figure out how much you know about the device.
I got it from a friend and his previous carrier boost mobile had it unlocked

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It ends with U and I use the truconnect apn settings and it shows up as registered but when i look at sim card info it says mobile network disconnected but it says its registered and also the signal strength everywhere I go is usually -120 dBm 20 asu and im in a big city
Check if your APN is highlighted to do so go to settings>connection>mobile Data>APN tap

Next go to settings>about phone>status information>sim card status>service State is it in service look at my screen shot for reference
ded0911432fa021c8f755ea29a4161ef.jpg
58747e7240234fe9fe0acfc720eead68.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej