Sirius/XM data usage?

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
My new car is a base model and doesn't come stock with Sirius radio. I have downloaded the App but am wondering how much data will be used listening to about 2 hours per day, 5 days a week. It'll be mostly over VZW 4G on the Maxx. I currently have "unlimited" data but I'm still curious what this App will use.......any ideas?

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Although I can not answer your question, why not do some data checks for a few days to get an idea of what you use each day, then go and use Sir/XM for a few days, and check and see how much more it uses each day above normal. This will give you a good idea.

I know I regularly check my data on the my verizon app thing, even though I have unlimited as well. It would not be too hard to check that each day at the start of the day, and write it down. Then after 3-4 days, start using Sir/Xm and continue to check data use on app each morning.

Please report back, because I would like to know too.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Although I can not answer your question, why not do some data checks for a few days to get an idea of what you use each day, then go and use Sir/XM for a few days, and check and see how much more it uses each day above normal. This will give you a good idea.

I know I regularly check my data on the my verizon app thing, even though I have unlimited as well. It would not be too hard to check that each day at the start of the day, and write it down. Then after 3-4 days, start using Sir/Xm and continue to check data use on app each morning.

Please report back, because I would like to know too.

The data usage rate will be much less than browsing YouTube/streaming video, and on par with streaming music, so that should give you a better idea.
Check your data widget or log into your account and look at your current data use number. Write that down. Download the Sirius app and test it for 1 hour. When you go back to check your data use, subtract the old number you wrote down from the new number, and that's your hourly rate. You know the rest, just multiply by what you plan to use, and that'll be your estimate.

cbruhn42

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Use the Onavo count app to track your data use. It tells you how much data each app is using.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

djbuckh

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Using an additional SiriusXM radio is way to expensive. I have five vehicles. I should not have to pay for five radios. If I lived with a family of many, great, I can understand a slight increase. However SiriusXM is rather inconsiderate of reality. I would love to have a dedicated radio for my three motorcycles, but it just does not make sense to pay for a full subscription when I only use it for 5,000 miles a year. I dive 50K a year easy and I'm not a professional driver. Maybe SiriusXM could work with a Bluetooth helmet group to come up with a helmet compatible accessorie.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenamac