Skins for S8

Daniel Senier

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had the Galaxy S8 since release and had it in a case. I am thinking of switching to a skin and am wondering if there is a difference in the 3M vinyl used with Slickwraps and dbrand vs the cheap ones like mightyskins or random Asian retailer. Some of the randoms have create wraps... =)

Maybe I should just stick to cases? I have never dropped and cracked a phone ever (knocks on wood). I am not really worried about dropping my phone.

Thanks all.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I was never worried about dropping a phone either (and I was a dealer - I've probably handled thousands of them). Then I caught the cable on my wireless charging pad with my elbow and my Note 3 got lobbed into a wall screen-side first. It was in an Otterbox Defender. Not a mark on the wall, and the phone is still in great shape today (although I don't use it any more). If it had been in even a great skin, I'd have had to replace the screen (at least - maybe the motherboard) and a chunk of sheetrock. Nothing of mine lives without being in a Defender case any more.

tapwasser

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
i HATE curved screens, ive never cracked a screen before this one and my case had enough of a lip that the screen wouldn't have cracked had it been flat. but ive got cracks in 2 corners

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't get a skin for a phone cause it's a $500 to replace it. However, I've used Mightskins for my chromebook and it looks spectacular. Got a custom picture on it and it came out great. My professors in school enjoy these eyes staring back at them
2e8db28211edf8152db23d4aa38e9866.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfdefsa02