skyrocket questions...

macscac

May 13, 2012
Visit site
this is my first droid... coming from 4+ years of iPhone..
I will most likely have quite a few stupid questions so I would like to, perhaps, make this my dumb droid question thread!!

right now my question is...

I have 3 email accounts set up.
regardless of being in all accounts or an individual one, I do not have the option of selecting multiple messages at once to delete. I am having to delete each one individual.

Where might I find the option to select multiple emails and deciding to forward/move/delete?

thank you much
c

mcbaes72

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If you're using default email account, should be able to delete multiple emails at once. Press bottom-left button (next to home button), press delete option, then emails show up with a box next them, check the ones you want to delete and that's it.

I recently disabled the default mail app and individually access my Yahoo! and Gmail accounts from separate applications. Seems to update incoming emails better and appears to take up less data that way, at least that's my impression so far.

macscac

May 13, 2012
Visit site
thank you. found that.

my next question is how do i change the apps on the dock?
I would like to replace 'applications' with 'messaging'

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! Hope you like it so far. As for changing. The dock apps im not 100% sure but try to click and hold the app you want to change if that dont work Try using a different launcher instead of the stock one my favorite are the adw ex launcher, and go launcher ex

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

macscac

May 13, 2012
Visit site
to clarify...
i open the apps, click edit and move the 'web' out of the dock and put 'messaging' in.
but as soon as i hit the home button.. it reverts back to stock

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
macscac.. Congrats on getting the SR.. As someone who has also had an iPhone (3G) for years, I'm curious why you decided to purchase the Skyrocket as opposed to other phones, or even wait for the new GS3. Am also curious if you bought the phone direct from AT&T or from a third party like Amazon who currently has it for $59.99.

Like you, I also expect to have many questions, once I make the jump to Andriod. but as of now, I'm waiting to see the release date of the GS3 before, pulling the trigger.. Cheers!

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
JT I liked the Max Headroom avatar better. Welcome OP...you have opened a whole new world for yourself...you have escaped from the boring evil empire.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah me too, though I saw the trailer for the Three Stooges movie and had a knee jerk reaction..

SRocketeer.. You gonna jump on the GS3 bandwagon when it's released here in the US? Sure looks like a mighty cool phone and with NINE MILLION pre-orders already, it's obviously a big hit and has the potential to CRUSH the 'Next iPhone', LOL..

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Looking good JT. Yes, well the Sammy Biggy 3 looks mighty inviting, even for a hard core SkyRocketeer. I might be tempted to jump, but unfortunately the other Evil Empire, AT&T, might make it impossible for me to jump financially...although where there is a will there is a way...I probably will stick with the SR for a while. I see where Sammy is opening their own stores in Canada...love to spend some time in one of those. My God, I'm starting to sound like a damn fanboy.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
You guys are funny as all hell..

The rumor buzz is that Sammy will bring the GS3 into the US next month.

Now THAT would be a VERY smart move in light of the BS Apple is pulling with blocking other phones from entering the country.

I guess since Sammy's lawyers did such a good job on the design to prevent Apple from challenging them, they can easily steel the thunder from the 'next iPhone'.

Meantime, the pre-orders for the GS3 keep piling up.. Can't wait to see it and am hoping we get a look next month :)

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Tgeek...you have the greatest avatar of all time...a true SkyRocket original!!! Sammy Biggy 3 comes out next month(USA), and Sammy takes over the world...bunch of Apple Fanboys walking around all of a sudden asking their phones how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood...and Siri saying..."I don't know ask Sammy"...

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it is a lot of ppl are now ex-iphone users and now most ppl are Android users not iPhone

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

macscac

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I was just bored and wanted some new toy in my life to play with.
I didnt want to wait a month for a the new Galaxy III

I tried out 3 different android phones for a few days before settling on the skyrocket.
and I used that for about 3 days before I decided that I could not live without certain apps.
and certain things bug the crap out of me.
Like how every app puts a photo or screenshot into a different folder.
just little things.... different things.

bottom line I went back to the iphone.
then back to the galaxy.
then back to the iphone.

my att guy is a good friend and I could see he was tired of swapping my sim cards so I just actually picked up a micro sim adapter off ebay a week or so ago and now I can flip back and forth as I choose.

As a jailbroken iphone user, I am extremely happy with the iphone. it does everything I need it to and it does it very well.
I just need a bigger screen.
I am very much hoping to see that change come with the new iphone.
but untill then, im going to 'date two women'
:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Llop719