Slow Calendar

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've been running into something that might be called an inconvenience or maybe an annoyance with the Calendar on the Droid -- its slow.

Sometimes I open it up and everything is there right away, but several times I have opened up the calendar to find nothing but the little spinning circle in the upper right hand corner -- clearly its loading the calendar information -- and it takes a second or two.

Other times, when I'm making several changes to the calendar (this evening, for example, I was on the Droid, adding several items and changing a few others) the calendar slows to a crawl while syncing with Google (to the point that I occasionally get the Force Close message).

My questions:

1) Where is the calendar information stored? Is any of it stored locally or does the Droid always poll the Google Calendar to get the information?

2) Is there any way to speed things up (either by storing more calendar information locally or having the Droid communicate more frequently with Google so the latest information is available)?

The problem seems to occur at random intervals, though there's always a slowdown when I make a lot of changes to the calendar. It also doesn't seem to matter if I'm on WiFi or 3G.

Thanks

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Does it only happen when you are making changes? Because when you make changes is when it sync's - thus the spinning circle. I'm pretty sure there's a local file that syncs with the server.

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The problem is actually two-fold:

1) a slow response on the initial startup of the Calendar. I'll get a blank calendar plus the little spinning circle in the upper right hand corner of the Calendar app (as opposed to the syncing icon in the status bar).

and

2) extremely slow response while the Droid is syncing, to the point that the Calendar will sometimes give the Force Close message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John killough