Small dent in my screen protector - should I panic?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I have an Olixar Tempered Glass screen protector on my LG G7.

I've just noticed that there is a small white spot on my screen protector. It's not a stain, as I tried removing it and couldn't. It's rather something that's happened to the screen protector. It looks like a miniature "snowflake". It can't be dust trapped as it is near the centre of the display - no way dust could've entered and reached there. It was also missing a few days ago - i think it might have been my phone being in contact with a coin in my pocket.

What would you recommend me doing? I don't want to remove the screen protector and putting a new one, as everything else on the protector is literally perfect. I also don't want to go through the hassle of applying another screen protector again - this is applied perfectly and i really hate the process of application (i have OCD and you probably understand what a nightmare that is for me).

If I leave it like that, do you think it will last in the long term or will it damage the display? It looks like the spot is "deep" into the protector, hence my fear of something having happened to the actual display.

Thanks.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
As you are very concerned about the mark on your screen protector the best thing you can do is to replace the screen protector and put your mind to rest. The screen protector most likely has done it's job and protected your screen.

Probably not the best idea to keep your phone in the same pocket as coins or any metal objects.

Last edited:

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
If you're OCD isn't the spot going to drive you crazy too?

It will, but it will drive me more crazy to remove it, order a new one, try to apply it and not be 100% sure if I will replicate the same success with the application.

If that small white spot stays there and I am reassured the display will be ok, then I probably won't do anything and just leave it there.

The thing is - how can I be sure if the display won't get damaged?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's what the protector is for. It took a hit - from something - that caused a tiny spiderwebbing. About the worst thing that can happen is that one of the (almost invisible) cracks in that spot will star to spread across the protector. If it does, it's going to be time to change protectors. But it might stay the way it is now for years.

I'd leave it and try to not notice it.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
That's what the protector is for. It took a hit - from something - that caused a tiny spiderwebbing. About the worst thing that can happen is that one of the (almost invisible) cracks in that spot will star to spread across the protector. If it does, it's going to be time to change protectors. But it might stay the way it is now for years.

I'd leave it and try to not notice it.

Thanks! So the actual display beneath is safe?

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
As you have OCD and this mark on your screen is causing a lot of anxiety you can only put your mind at rest by replacing the protector. Ask a friend or a repair shop to replace it for you and also confirm that your screen hasn't been compromised.