Small update coming 8/22 (Rolling out now)

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Small update coming 8/22

Yeah, I subscribe to email updates for that blog post. When I got the email for this software update, I assumed it was from that blog. It wasn't until after I posted the link and no one else could access it that I realized it was a post in another forum I'm subscribed to on Sprint.

If there are Official updates, they would be posted here:

Sprint Community: HTC EVO 4G LTE : 2012

Look to the right under the section "Popular Blog Posts" and select "HTC 4G LTE Software Updates"

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site

So do you still think it's coming or not?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I'm not sure. I asked if it was still scheduled today for customer initiated upgrade and have not received a response. I'll post in here as soon as I hear anything...

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

So who do you guys think is dragging their feet on these updates...Sprint or HTC. Not that I could really do much at this point but whine and moan,,, but I'm really tired of waiting weeks for an update that the Evo One X's get.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand where the information was even provided anywhere other than on this forum of a update today?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Last time that a talked with a htc rep regarding some problems I left in one of there surveys, I called them and they informed me about the first update being released the next day. She was dead on so I decided to call again and the rep confirmed that there def is no update today or in the upcoming couple of weeks that she knew about. So this message goes to the og poster, where did u get ur information off of

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I already posted where the info came from. I have no more information regarding the update or what the delay is. Sorry...

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Og poster u provided no link, website, or anything to verify your information. I want as I'm sure others do to find a website, any Site that gives this information. You say u did. Is it just me? Was there a link given? Maybe I'm missing something. The problem is that owners of the evo lte that desperately want to get a update come here with the assumption a update is coming only to find its excitement for nothing.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Reactions: G3TCASHM0N3Y

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Og poster u provided no link, website, or anything to verify your information. I want as I'm sure others do to find a website, any Site that gives this information. You say u did. Is it just me? Was there a link given? Maybe I'm missing something. The problem is that owners of the evo lte that desperately want to get a update come here with the assumption a update is coming only to find its excitement for nothing.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Exactly, I didnt want to be that person but this seems to me that this is just another case of someone making stuff up completely. I would think that the htc reps would know about any updates coming up before a sprint employee would, not the other way around so I'm going to have to say this is just a bunch of balognie :D however u spell it for the grammer police out there ;)

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Exactly, I didnt want to be that person but this seems to me that this is just another case of someone making stuff up completely. I would think that the htc reps would know about any updates coming up before a sprint employee would, not the other way around so I'm going to have to say this is just a bunch of balognie :D however u spell it for the grammer police out there ;)

You can think what you want. Go back and read any of my other posts to see if I've made things up in the past. I explained that this came from a reliable source at Sprint. In the week since I got this info, obviously something changed that I am not privy to. Software releases are pushed back all the time, that is nothing new. I was trying to do people a favor and give them a heads up on some fixes that were being released. I will make sure I don't do it again.

mateo2012

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Jeez...don't shoot the messenger for Sprint and HTC's poor management of this phone. I think everyone is having buyers remourse at this point and ready to take out the pitchforks and fire torches to anyone at this point. I believe jeallen cause several techs at Sprint have told me the issues with dropping 4g and WiFi are software related and update is planned.

Reactions: jeallen1

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Jeez...don't shoot the messenger for Sprint and HTC's poor management of this phone. I think everyone is having buyers remourse at this point and ready to take out the pitchforks and fire torches to anyone at this point. I believe jeallen cause several techs at Sprint have told me the issues with dropping 4g and WiFi are software related and update is planned.

For clarification, I am not one of the "everyone" having buyers remorse. I am interested in updates that may come down the line, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I love my Evo, and it works great for me. Granted, I can't speak for everyone when I say that, but for me I'm satisfied with it. There are certainly places that could use improvement, and when those fixes come I will be even more satisfied.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
For clarification, I am not one of the "everyone" having buyers remorse. I am interested in updates that may come down the line, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I love my Evo, and it works great for me. Granted, I can't speak for everyone when I say that, but for me I'm satisfied with it. There are certainly places that could use improvement, and when those fixes come I will be even more satisfied.

I completely agree. Perhaps they decided just to group these improvements in the next update to android 4.0.4

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm with you dude. Could not have said it better

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick