Smart Switch - Please help save my life!

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hoping someone can help. This is driving me crazy.

Smart Switch - it NEVER works. In all the times over the years I've moved from an iPhone, connected it up and tried to transfer, it doesn't work for me.
Hoping someone has had the same issue and solved it.

I connect the Note 20 Ultra to iPhone and it does its thing.. it gets to about 5.0%, sits there for ages and then tells me there isn't enough storage on the phone or SD card (there's like 90GB free on the phone and about 25 on the SD).

So... you might say it's because I'm trying to transfer loads of stuff. But I'm really not. I have like 80,000 messages on the phone, so I try to restrict it to maybe the last 12 month (about 2000 messages maybe) and call log and NOTHING else.

Still no joy. I assume it's trying to copy media as well, but I don't need that. Unfortunately, there is no option to just do the messages.

I thought I'd go down the iSms2Droid route instead, but that isn't working properly for me (only copies about half of the message archive.)

I feel envious of people who can get this POS software to do what it's meant to! Ha ha.

Thanks in advance for any help!! It is making me want to throw myself off the roof with frustration..

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hoping someone can help. This is driving me crazy.

Smart Switch - it NEVER works. In all the times over the years I've moved from an iPhone, connected it up and tried to transfer, it doesn't work for me.
Hoping someone has had the same issue and solved it.

I connect the Note 20 Ultra to iPhone and it does its thing.. it gets to about 5.0%, sits there for ages and then tells me there isn't enough storage on the phone or SD card (there's like 90GB free on the phone and about 25 on the SD).

So... you might say it's because I'm trying to transfer loads of stuff. But I'm really not. I have like 80,000 messages on the phone, so I try to restrict it to maybe the last 12 month (about 2000 messages maybe) and call log and NOTHING else.

Still no joy. I assume it's trying to copy media as well, but I don't need that. Unfortunately, there is no option to just do the messages.

I thought I'd go down the iSms2Droid route instead, but that isn't working properly for me (only copies about half of the message archive.)

I feel envious of people who can get this POS software to do what it's meant to! Ha ha.

Thanks in advance for any help!! It is making me want to throw myself off the roof with frustration..

Try and watch this video, it might help you.

https://youtu.be/jK2QzgJ0RQc

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I did it between a 11 pro max and my n20 ultra with no issues. Not sure how long it took as I let it run when I went to bed but it was ready to go when I woke up. Had a lot of data. Didn't transfer the music as I'll move that myself later from my pc.

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I did it between a 11 pro max and my n20 ultra with no issues. Not sure how long it took as I let it run when I went to bed but it was ready to go when I woke up. Had a lot of data. Didn't transfer the music as I'll move that myself later from my pc.
That's so weird. I've tried using it a few times over the years with the likes of the Note 10 and the S20 and I had the same issue. And now having that with the Note 20 Ultra. Bah.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I agree. I've had issues every time in the past I've used it. This is the first time it's actually worked for me. Got me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463