SMS app

Phil_GMC

May 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I'm a bit of a phone numpty. I've just bought a cheap and cheerful Blackview to keep me going until my contract renews in a few months, killed my Samsung S8, pulled out my Samsung S6 and used that until it fell out of my pocket and I trod on it. Anyway, this Blackview A60 Pro isn't too bad for £75.

To the point now, it has Pie on, my S6 had 8.0. I much prefer the txt messaging app on 8.0 as it allows you to select whether to display contacts or chats. I don't like displaying chats as it has the last message sent for each chat showing.

Any ideas how I can get it to the 8.0 version?

Thanks.

P.S Where's the app drawer gone?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. This isn't a pie vs prep thing. It is a Samsung vs any other brand thing. The S6, S8 uses its own messaging app which has the conversation/contacts structure.

The blackview is either using a generic messages app or Google messages app. Neither or which has this feature.

In the Play Store there are many other text apps available. Maybe one of these will be more user friendly for you. Apps like Textra or Pulse or Chomp have different features again.

Good luck.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The app drawer may not be a feature of that phone's software. Again you can install a new launcher like smart launcher or Nova and you will get an app drawer again. Or download smart drawer which allows you to organise your apps in a drawer.