So i got the Gnex and Razr heres my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Going in and out of buildings was pretty good dident lose to much signal on the Gnex. The Razr is a champ its like im standing outside when im in my building at work lol. I will say the Razr is slow for me to pick up data when i disable it and re enable it. Gnex is slow also but i feel like it picks it up a little faster.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
How does the RAZR battery hold up after a full day of use? Use being talking, texting, with some browsing and game playing. If the battery can make it with no problems it will probably seal the deal for me to get a RAZR.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I get 14+ hours with talking, texting, music streaming and web browsing I tried to stretch it once and got about 18 1/2, but that was pushing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had both phones for a short time and I can confirm that the Razr does hold a signal better than the GNex. As a matter of fact, I have had the Charge and Thunderbolt and they held a signal better than the GNex too.

Battery life on the Razr was also better.

I ended up keeping the Gnex with the hope there would be a fix out soon but the Razr Maxx is making me re-think. I hate how Verizon just can't give out a release date!

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
How does the RAZR battery hold up after a full day of use? Use being talking, texting, with some browsing and game playing. If the battery can make it with no problems it will probably seal the deal for me to get a RAZR.

Since you mentioned talking...check out everyone's fav tech site: Anandtech's G Nex review.

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy Nexus & Ice Cream Sandwich Review

I calculated the battery life tests...and it comes up woefully short for the Verizon G Nex. Just looking at talk time battery life alone is all you need to see. Wifi web browsing is a big difference too.

I mentioned this weeks ago cuz Anandtech put the G Nex on their Bench Tool before they did this review.

If you get a G nex, I would advise an extended battery. The RAZR MAXX will demolish it for battery life, even if the G Nex had an extended battery.

Also for the G Nex you would have to use custom kernels to help offset the battery life. The RAZR's battery life is nice...out the box.

Reactions: Rizz1-2

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Since you mentioned talking...check out everyone's fav tech site: Anandtech's G Nex review.

I calculated the battery life tests...and it comes up woefully short for the Verizon G Nex. Just looking at talk time battery life alone is all you need to see. Wifi web browsing is a big difference too.

I mentioned this weeks ago cuz Anandtech put the G Nex on their Bench Tool before they did this review.

If you get a G nex, I would advise an extended battery. The RAZR MAXX will demolish it for battery life, even if the G Nex had an extended battery.

Also for the G Nex you would have to use custom kernels to help offset the battery life. The RAZR's battery life is nice...out the box.

That's good information, I am gonna have to check out that site more often. Thanks for the info, looks like the deal is sealed, RAZR coming tomorrow :D

Reactions: jroc

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Update.

Gnex's 3G is dead. Final Verdict is the Gnex is a p.o.s. and the Razr is a far better phone. Avoid the Gnex unless you like to carry around 2 or more phones.

Update.

3g is back and working after throwing it against the wall. Maybe its a comy and only understands force.

Maybe you have a bad micro SIM.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

The battery life on the GNex is nice out of the box too. ;)

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The battery life on the GNex is nice out of the box too. ;)

lol...hey if it works for you and everyone else with a G Nex, thats good. I did do my own battery tests with my older phones, cant now cuz where I live it drains the battery more than normal. Never really got a chance to compare the G Nex, RAZR or Rezound to each other.

The Wifi trick for the G Nex did work tho.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
lol...hey if it works for you and everyone else with a G Nex, thats good. I did do my own battery tests with my older phones, cant now cuz where I live it drains the battery more than normal. Never really got a chance to compare the G Nex, RAZR or Rezound to each other.

The Wifi trick for the G Nex did work tho.

I have a RAZR right now I got off ebay to test for a few days. The only thing it has on my Nexus is a slightly stronger LTE connection. Battery life has been about the same.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and to add my two cents:

If the RAZR had a 720p screen I would drop the Nexus faster than you can say Droid. I actually like not-Blur, and the design is FAR nicer in person (and in regular use) than it is just seeing it in the store. I've always been a huge fan of Moto's build quality, and that hasn't changed with the RAZR.

But, the screen just isn't as good as its competitors, which is a shame. If they come out with an HD-screened handset sometime soon, I'll pick one up in a heartbeat.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There's just something about it I like. Maybe its because its all blue, which I find pleasing to the eye.

If my only choices were phones with oem skins I go with MOTO. Blur is the least offensive out of sense, touch whiz, and blur.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would love sense on Motorola.....that would be hot. Blur is better, but I think sense is better thought out. Motorola hardware is 10 times HTC. Touchwiz is the fastest and with the note FCC approved....that be my OEM fav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma