So No honeycomb for Galaxy Tab?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems honeycomb will require duel-core cpu and 1280x720 screen.

Engadget posted a promo video, there is an interesting function of google talk video chat. Other than that, its all so so, nothing really special except UI changes.

So, what do you think?

cjmedina

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm cool with no honeycomb. I like my tab, not the kind of Guy that's need the the latest greatest with android. Lets be honest the way android is blowing thru devices it will be hard to keep up. The tab is great for what i need it to be. Movies, music,you tube and web browsing. All the 3d games i have on it run great

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
upon further reading, it seems google will have two version of honey for tablet/phone.

I just need video chat, other functions looks fancy, but not important to me.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they have totally dropped. With wifi version about to come out I think they will maybe put some more stock into this tab. However I wouldn't be shocked if they did drop it and not send any updates our way. I am crossing my fingers sticking pins into the samsung exec voodoo dolls I got to get them to send honeycomb our way.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
if I were to get a new tablet. It would be either webOS pad or a BB playbook.

android is not as polished. Abeit with some attractive apps.

we shall see.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd totally do it all over again. The Tab is a very nice piece of hardware. Samsung made a good call in making it 7 inches instead of ten, makes it pockatable, while still doing just about everything I needed my laptop to do and doing it better than my Evo.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd totally do it all over again. The Tab is a very nice piece of hardware. Samsung made a good call in making it 7 inches instead of ten, makes it pockatable, while still doing just about everything I needed my laptop to do and doing it better than my Evo.

you know, its an excellent point. 1280x800 (required for tablet version of honeycomb?) just can't fit on 7 inch and still preserve readability.

If I need a 10 inch pad that I need to use two hands, I would totally take my laptop over android pad.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree if they require that screen size I will use my laptop. It will pretty much force every tablet maker to make a 10" tablet to run the latest android os. I don't think google is going to limit themselves. That is why they have been debunking all the requirements for dual core processors.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am totally happy with the tab. I don't see anything in honeycomb that makes me reconsider my purchase. I will sell my tab in 6 to 8 months when the next tab drops and it will be fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Phljjs

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I am totally happy with the tab. I don't see anything in honeycomb that makes me reconsider my purchase. I will sell my tab in 6 to 8 months when the next tab drops and it will be fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

+1

The Tab was my first experience with Android and I gotta say, it has me hooked. I'm a longtime Blackberry user, but have been getting bored with their offerings and very seriously thinking of moving to an Android phone.
My plan for the Tab is to use it until I'm eligible for an upgrade and move on to the next greatest Tab.

Colt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Love my Tab

I'm really impressed with the Galaxy Tab thus far. It is the perfect size for lounging around the house reading the news or playing a game. The camera's are sweet, screen resolution is amazing, battery life is good, and I really love the android OS on it. I will however, be disappointed if the new Honeycomb OS won't work on it! Six months and the device is already obsolete??? That's ridiculous!!! This is the reason I hate to jump in too quickly...

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
if I were to get a new tablet. It would be either webOS pad or a BB playbook.

android is not as polished. Abeit with some attractive apps.

we shall see.

I've been telling myself to hold off for a WebOS tab as well; however, the videos of Honeycomb look terrific and finally look as polished (IMO, of course) as webOS.

I thought about picking up a cheap tab (NookColor or Archos 70), but now I'm waiting on a 7 inch Android tab that can run Honeycomb.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939