So, which of us are upgrading to GW5??

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one only because with my GW4 Classic trade and credit I had left over it only cost me $70.

Because of having had open heart surgery I use the sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring and ECG daily. I like the idea of an improved bioactive sensor.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't going to. But I did. I got a excellent deal on the Flip 4 and when bundled with the Watch 5 it was too good of a deal to resist. I will appreciate the better battery life, even if it is just a little.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'll only potentially get the pro version since I don't like the bezel-less versions. Not sure if I like the design, particularly the rotating bezel change. I'll have to see what the reviewers say about it and see it in person. Not encouraging so far.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot of people really like and prefer the bezel. But I'm not a fan of the bezel so I'm good with the Watch 5. I think though that Samsung should have included a model with the bezel this time around also.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the GW4 Classic BT and the GW4 LTE. I got $240 trade-in on the Classic BT which left me with a Pro 5 LTE at only $259.99, so I did it!

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, they have some good trade-in deals going. I think I can get the pro for $279 net with my GW3 trade-in. Just need to see the 5 in person to decide if I like the design.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea i jumped on the 5 pro. I'm sold on the battery life and the fast charging, which were the biggest annoyances with the 4. Hopefully I'm not blown away by the pixel watch to make me regret it!

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the GW4 Classic BT and the GW4 LTE. I got $240 trade-in on the Classic BT which left me with a Pro 5 LTE at only $259.99, so I did it!

They keep playing with how the cost is calculated. At first, it looked like I could get more for my GW4 Classic, but then they're charging a separate $79 for the band. That's how it showed up in my Samsung Shop app last night.

I'll look again today. The battery is a huge upgrade on the Pro, but I'm still not sold on that big dark bezel. It almost makes the display look small.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Now they've changed it again. It shows they will give me $240 credit for the trade. The $50 ecertificate is listed but doesn't appear to be applied to the cost. If I could get the Pro for $159 I'd bite.

Also, they're trying to throw in a few duo charging pad, but I already have one. There's an x button with remove next to it, but the app won't remove it.

Attachments

• 3505.jpg
    3505.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 93

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but in my case since I used Samsung Credit, it can only be used towards other Samsung items, not credited to my Samsung Credit account.

Yeah and they make sure it can not be used till after you make the purchase of the GW5 anyway. I mean, I may want another band if I decide to go through with purchasing, but even then I'm going to be lucky if that covers the cost. Samsung is charging $79.99 for the new lock style band.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to see what it would cost me just for the heck of it and wasn't sure if I reserved or not but on the watch 5 40mm I only see Blutooth/Wifi/LTE like their is only one model. I don't really need to upgrade I love what I have but was curious. It says I reserved and will save up to $80 but it's not taking off the $50 I see promo watch5. I do have a $50 promo cause of an issue to get another external battery pack but they are out of those. I know I can't use both but may be able to use it but I am not even sure I want to do it. I just wanted to see final price but I still only see LTE one on the 40mm at $329.99. Chat person said they have it for $279.99 I just don't see it on my end it's weird. But if it's 279 minus 145 than 50 it would cost me 84.99 I should just do it.

Last edited:

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I went to see what it would cost me just for the heck of it and wasn't sure if I reserved or not but on the watch 5 40mm I only see Blutooth/Wifi/LTE like their is only one model. I don't really need to upgrade I love what I have but was curious. It says I reserved and will save up to $80 but it's not taking off the $50 I see promo watch5. I do have a $50 promo cause of an issue to get another external battery pack but they are out of those. I know I can't use both but may be able to use it but I am not even sure I want to do it. I just wanted to see final price but I still only see LTE one on the 40mm at $329.99. Chat person said they have it for $279.99 I just don't see it on my end it's weird. But if it's 279 minus 145 than 50 it would cost me 84.99 I should just do it.
They do have the GW5 in just the Bluetooth version but have sold out for some colors. I originally wanted the silver but by the time I went to finalize my order, the silver was no longer available in just the Bluetooth version. I ended up ordering the black which was available in just the bluetooth version.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
They do have the GW5 in just the Bluetooth version but have sold out for some colors. I originally wanted the silver but by the time I went to finalize my order, the silver was no longer available in just the Bluetooth version. I ended up ordering the black which was available in just the bluetooth version.

When I ordered my GW4 Classic a year ago, I got cold feet on choosing the all black model and tried to change it the next day. The rep said the order was already accepted so I'd have to wait till it arrived then do a return. But, he offered an additional discount of something like $20 if I kept the order. They're always willing to negotiate a little bit. Worth a shot of you complain that you aren't happy about not getting the color you want.