So, which of us are upgrading to GW5??

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
They do have the GW5 in just the Bluetooth version but have sold out for some colors. I originally wanted the silver but by the time I went to finalize my order, the silver was no longer available in just the Bluetooth version. I ended up ordering the black which was available in just the bluetooth version.

Yes that must of been it cause I would want silver which is what I have now. But I know I RSVPD for the extra $50 just in case I got it maybe I didn't cause it's not giving me the 50 but I can use the one they gave me to buy another battery pack cause they are out of them anyway if I decide to do it. It says promo code watch 5 applied but didn't take off $50. I really don't need it I am fine with what I have really.

Last edited:

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wish they let you trade in a phone for the Watch 5 Pro. I have a Note 9 in the closet that I forgot about. But I'm not sure I want to go for the Fold 4 yet. Hmm.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just caved in and ordered :-\

You did I should it was only gonna be $80 but I didn't do it hubby might not like it cause mine is fine really. But it's a good price and for the 50 bucks I chose another band and I could sell the duo charger that comes with it and get some money back there too cause I wouldn't use it. I may just do it!

Last edited:

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I also ordered the Watch 5 in blue. They will give me $75 credit for my 3 year old Ticwatch. And I'll probably sell the duo charger as well. I'm not a wireless charger fan.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I also ordered the Watch 5 in blue. They will give me $75 credit for my 3 year old Ticwatch. And I'll probably sell the duo charger as well. I'm not a wireless charger fan.

Same if I can get just 30 or 40 bucks for the charger then I'll be good. And with the extra $50 in accessory credit you could only pick from certain things and I didn't really see anything but I got a $40 watch band I probably won't wear. I would of gotten an extra 45 watt charger they didn't show it they showed a 65 watt one which I don't need.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Same if I can get just 30 or 40 bucks for the charger then I'll be good. And with the extra $50 in accessory credit you could only pick from certain things and I didn't really see anything but I got a $40 watch band I probably won't wear. I would of gotten an extra 45 watt charger they didn't show it they showed a 65 watt one which I don't need.

Edit: Mine was still in my cart so I decided to do it I had it set up to pick up at Best Buy on 8/26 which I didn't know you could do but I ordered a new Alexa Dot and have to pick it up the same day so it was going to work out. And then it said item in your cart is no longer available. I want the silver in bluetooth and it's out of stock again I'm so mad. How long does this pre-order go on for with the free charger and $50 accessory credit? Wonder if they will get more in again?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has $150.00 off with a new line using code SMARTWATCH150 at checkout.

But that for the LTE one right? I want bluetooth. Here lately I have had an animated face on and my watched died while sleeping last night. I am charging it now and I usually put it on before work and it usually last till the next morning. But the 5 battery isn't that much bigger but some and it says it has a faster charging wonder if that's only on the charger it comes with it or if the old one from the 4 will faster charge it also? Their really isn't much difference for me to do it but for $80 I'll have the latest.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
But that for the LTE one right? I want bluetooth. Here lately I have had an animated face on and my watched died while sleeping last night. I am charging it now and I usually put it on before work and it usually last till the next morning. But the 5 battery isn't that much bigger but some and it says it has a faster charging wonder if that's only on the charger it comes with it or if the old one from the 4 will faster charge it also? Their really isn't much difference for me to do it but for $80 I'll have the latest.

Yep, LTE version.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just looked again no silver in bluetooth 40mm and no purple small band that I wanted. I already have white and a silver one from my Active 2. I am wondering if I would like the 44mm but I think it would be too big for me I have small hands. I'll just try again tomorrow.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

The old watch 4 charger won't charge it any more quickly. In fact, the watch 5 will take longer to charge with the watch 4 charger than the watch 4 because of the bigger battery.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I just looked again no silver in bluetooth 40mm and no purple small band that I wanted. I already have white and a silver one from my Active 2. I am wondering if I would like the 44mm but I think it would be too big for me I have small hands. I'll just try again tomorrow.

As part of the preorder deal, Samsung is giving away another duo type charger like they did with the GW4, but this one is the higher 15W that will be needed to fast wireless charge. The charger that comes with the GW5 is also 15W so it will charge faster. As someone else mentioned, the chargers for GW4 should work, but will charge slower.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
As part of the preorder deal, Samsung is giving away another duo type charger like they did with the GW4, but this one is the higher 15W that will be needed to fast wireless charge. The charger that comes with the GW5 is also 15W so it will charge faster. As someone else mentioned, the chargers for GW4 should work, but will charge slower.

They definitely work, I've tested.

Charging my watch 5 Pro from 21% estimated 2h 11m on the watch 4 charger and 1h 36m on the new watch 5 charger. A bigger difference than I expected.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
They definitely work, I've tested.

Charging my watch 5 Pro from 21% estimated 2h 11m on the watch 4 charger and 1h 36m on the new watch 5 charger. A bigger difference than I expected.

Oh Ok I was wondering about that so the newest chargers for watches do 15 watt what do we have now with our 4's 10 watt?I wasn't sure if it was the charger or something in the watch that would make it faster charge with our old chargers but it's the new chargers that make it faster I see.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Bluetooth version this time around. I felt I didn't use the LTE function all that much and plus I can save 10 bucks a month off my cell plan.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep checking for the silver with purple band to come back I guess it's not. It's out of stock :-( I looked at Best Buy just for the heck of it to see their trade in value and the watch 4 wasn't on the list. The latest I saw was the 3.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I did it the silver bluetooth 40mm with purple band it came back in stock. But if I had pushed the final button the other day I could of picked it up at Best Buy Friday cuz I have to go there to pick something else up anyway. Now I have to wait till 9/30 which is fine nothing wrong with what I have and I didn't really need to do it but it cost me 85 bucks and I have to sell that duo charger and I will have 2 chargers that I use with my watch 4 I will try to sell also cause I went ahead and used the $50 credit for an extra watch charger the fast charging one which was $40. I usually take the extra one with me when I go out of town.

I know it's not much of a bigger battery but If I love my 4 I will surely love the 5. I just hate doing trade ins cause when I sent back my Active 2 they tried telling me I sent in a different watch than the Active 2 and sent me a picture of a totally different watch. But I want to know do just sent back the watch 4 by itself like when I sent in my Active 2 I got to keep the band and charger. The 5 x 40mm will use the same bands I have correct?

I wonder how much difference in battery life it will be. I love the animated watch faces and mine shows an animated like screen saver when I turn my watch on from a black screen then it goes to my watch face and here lately my watch dies over night and I sleep with it on. I have it fully charged before work around 1pm and it's dead by 1 or 2 am when I go to bed or shortly after. I know it's cause of the animation. But 247 to 284 isn't much almost 40mah wonder how many more hours that would be?

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to hear from anyone that went from the watch 4 to the watch 5 in the 40mm and how you like it once you get it?