Soak test

mlj01

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I almost did, but luckily a google search saved me time and well mostly time, and that method has been out for a few hours now, and not alot of word about it other then in that topic, but it does work!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I almost did, but luckily a google search saved me time and well mostly time, and that method has been out for a few hours now, and not alot of word about it other then in that topic, but it does work!

Gotta love it. I'm glad that's out there. Guess I should have been more patient but the method I used worked just fine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mlj01

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have a better 3g coverage then I did with .901 the radio has to be getting pretty good now, I had my first .901 data drop when I was downloading the update.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Here is a link to a .901 > .902 update. Multiple people have reported success, im about to try it.

901 and received / installed the 902 soak test build??? Post here!!! - Page 4

Edit: ran successfully in recovery, now on .902 (I was the manual .901 w/ forever root). Did keep root!

Also ran successful for me as well, just installed a few minutes ago. I'll post anything that's worth mentioning after running with it for a couple days. Thanks for the link to the file!

Cyric311

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a ton for the link. Installed without any issues this morning. Haven't noticed any significant changes. Just glad to be back on the official update path.

mlj01

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a data drop this afternoon inside my hockey rink, but my old phones used to barely get coverage in there, so when I dont have the drop i still have good speeds in places i never had coverage before. What can you expect from a big tin building

skeetch79

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
SamuriHL,
Out of curiosity (as I was part of the soak test and was sent the 902 OTA push - I successfully upgraded from 4ever rooted, stock 893 to 4ever rooted, stock 902)...when you drop in the cdt.bin file, do you need to modify the XML file with any new cdt.bin MD5 information?

In the XML file it reads:
<step operation="flash" partition="cdt.bin" filename="cdt.bin" MD5="3551fa7e4c75c13cd25540d1f23e0886" />

As I asked, does this MD5 info for the cdt.bin need to be changed or can it be left alone?

Sorry for the misleading info that 902 didnt exist - I look like an ass now and have learned my lesson to never listen to any motorola or verizon chat bots!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
SamuriHL,
Out of curiosity (as I was part of the soak test and was sent the 902 OTA push - I successfully upgraded from 4ever rooted, stock 893 to 4ever rooted, stock 902)...when you drop in the cdt.bin file, do you need to modify the XML file with any new cdt.bin MD5 information?

In the XML file it reads:
<step operation="flash" partition="cdt.bin" filename="cdt.bin" MD5="3551fa7e4c75c13cd25540d1f23e0886" />

As I asked, does this MD5 info for the cdt.bin need to be changed or can it be left alone?

I left it alone. I wondered the same thing but couldn't find any references to anyone changing it. And it worked just fine without modifying it.

Sorry for the misleading info that 902 didnt exist - I look like an ass now and have learned my lesson to never listen to any motorola or verizon chat bots!

ROFLMAO! As long as you've learned your lesson. LOL! :D They aren't ever going to validate rumors of something that's not released or public knowledge. It's like trying to get an honest answer from a politician. Ain't gonna happen. :)

skeetch79

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
LOL You are so right!

BTW, the chat bot also said the next update for the Bionic would be a downgrade to Froyo...you know, for some reason, I believe him! :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing some seriously improved battery life on my bionic as compared to the already great 901. Anyone else seeing that?

Storm2Cool

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed improvement in the battery life as well. I thought at first that maybe it was just me but now I know for sure that it's better since moving to .902.

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure on the battery life yet but after. 902 installed I had to toggle airplane mode to get my data to come back. It hasn't dropped out yet so if I only have to toggle on startup I'm ok with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

fsu120

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure on the battery life yet but after. 902 installed I had to toggle airplane mode to get my data to come back. It hasn't dropped out yet so if I only have to toggle on startup I'm ok with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I had to do the same thing. But I haven't had any problem since.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
At 60% battery, been on 4G the whole time.

shot_000001-2.jpg

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
At 60% battery, been on 4G the whole time.

Dunno if this is something new w/ 902 or if I was just unaware...if you tap on that top graph you get another view w/ more info. Mine yesterday shows I was on solid 4G all day till I drove south on I-81 where it seamlessly switched to and from 3G - no drops at all.

Also shows some brief 'Awake' intervals when screen was off (something working behind the scenes?) and when GPS kicked in when I did Speedtests.

I also plugged in a charger for awhile just to see if it showed up on the chart - it did!

My battery life is much improved even if it's just light use.

+1

uiil

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Dunno if this is something new w/ 902 or if I was just unaware...if you tap on that top graph you get another view w/ more info. Mine yesterday shows I was on solid 4G all day till I drove south on I-81 where it seamlessly switched to and from 3G - no drops at all.

Also shows some brief 'Awake' intervals when screen was off (something working behind the scenes?) and when GPS kicked in when I did Speedtests.

I also plugged in a charger for awhile just to see if it showed up on the chart - it did!

My battery life is much improved even if it's just light use.

+1

That chart has always been available, but not obvious to get to.
i.e. this was from back in October:
15921d1317534124-official-battery-life-thread-snap20111001_230259.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe