Social Networking App Forcing Contact Pictures

MikeIndiaKiloEcho

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
On the droid 2 I program my Facebook account onto it and it forces all of the contact pictures to be the ones on Facebook. I don't like this as I already have contact pictures I like for all of my contacts. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to turn this off and how to do so?

Also is there a way to make it not grab friends from Facebook? I don't need all of my Facebook contacts on my phone.

dj_elite

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
in for a solution... i actually like the contact photos because i don't bother to take pics of my friends like that for the most part, but i definitely do not need all my contacts on my phone

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I removed Facebook and Twitter from social networking. And I have them uninstalled. They're not necessary. I use the Facebook Touch site and Twidroyd. Yet, because its a Google phone, if any of your contacts have a photo associated with they're Google/Gmail account, it will show up as they're photo on your phone.

akabigj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have contacts listed more than once, do this. Open up the main contact you want to keep, go into settings under that contact, hit join, then you can combine the two together.

gixxer1397

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I didnt like the fact that in synced all my FB contacts into my phonebook either so I ended up doing a reset and started over, and this time around instead of using the pre installed FB app I went to the app store and just downloaded the FB app from there and no more syncing with the contacts.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I didnt like the fact that in synced all my FB contacts into my phonebook either so I ended up doing a reset and started over, and this time around instead of using the pre installed FB app I went to the app store and just downloaded the FB app from there and no more syncing with the contacts.

Which one did you install? The only official Facebook app that I see in the Marketplace is the one that I have installed that does that stupid contact sync crap.