Soft Keys

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone attempted to add soft keys to their play edition HTC One? I am interested in purchasing the HTC One and am curious if the soft key enable trick (adding "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" to the build.prop) will work on it/what it would look like.

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I kind of like soft keys. Perhaps if I end up getting the phone (kind of pricey) I will try it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I kind of like soft keys. Perhaps if I end up getting the phone (kind of pricey) I will try it out.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
It most likely works and I'm sure there is something you can do to have the capacitive hardware buttons not light up anymore

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC One

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Or just get the pie feature if your rooted. uploadfromtaptalk1377015672394.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone attempted to add soft keys to their play edition HTC One? I am interested in purchasing the HTC One and am curious if the soft key enable trick (adding "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" to the build.prop) will work on it/what it would look like.

They do not work. I have tried it on the GPE 4.2 and 4.3 and they just don't work. My guess would be that it is due to the black menu bar that some apps use. The phone looks at the black menu bar as "onscreen buttons". The only rom I was able to get the onscreen buttons to work on was CM 10.1. I tried it on CM 10.2 and it did not work. I think the black menu bar may be the culprit because if I disable onscreen buttons after trying to enable them, the black menu bar is gone but then there is no menu option. I have tinkered with it for some time now and haven't been successful.

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
They do not work. I have tried it on the GPE 4.2 and 4.3 and they just don't work. My guess would be that it is due to the black menu bar that some apps use. The phone looks at the black menu bar as "onscreen buttons". The only rom I was able to get the onscreen buttons to work on was CM 10.1. I tried it on CM 10.2 and it did not work. I think the black menu bar may be the culprit because if I disable onscreen buttons after trying to enable them, the black menu bar is gone but then there is no menu option. I have tinkered with it for some time now and haven't been successful.

Thanks for the response. Soft keys isn't a deal breaker but it would have been nice.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Soft keys isn't a deal breaker but it would have been nice.

No problem and yea I think in the case of the ONE it is tall enough that I wouldn't mind having the soft keys on the bottom and be able to remap the two capacative keys for other options.

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree. The ONE seems tall enough that I wouldn't mind losing real estate. I have a Droid 2 with a 3.7" display so anything more is gravy. I will have to look into the PIE Controls that Moosc mentions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nekopoimodapk