Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Because I for one don't trust Google to keep any of my data private, and neither should you. (Look into the NSA spying and collusion with Google/Microsoft) I don't want my pictures to exist anywhere I cannot control the information, and who can access it.

Simple as that.

Enjoy your paranoia dude.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I am new to the G3 (Verizon). I am coming from an iPhone so I'm totally messed up. My laptop sees my G3 and I can load stuff via the USB. Unfortunately album art isn't transferring. I thought PC Suite would fix that, but no luck finding a version supporting the VS985. Any help is appreciated.

Download iSyncr from the Play store. It'll transfer all your music and playlists from iTunes (with album art) flawlessly.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Try out the FolderSync app... it's free and does a great job synching any folder(s) between your phone and any cloud or FTP storage, including 2-way synching. Can be used for any type of file.

Posted via the Android Central App

Turns31

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Sprint G3 LGLS990. I tried on 2 different pc's and a MacBook. I called LG support and they said our model is not supported by PC Suite nor is there any update in the near future. It's a shame. Awesome, awesome phone but I wish there was a iTunes, Kies available to manage it on our computers without paying $39.99.

Aaron Ackerman

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
There are still plenty of scenarios where hardwiring Computer>USB>Phone is desirable and a cloud sync is not wanted.

For instance, when you have no wifi or data connection. Or are transferring larger files.

Either way, it is astonishing that some of the G3 models do not have this support.

I just switched from an S4 to a G3 (Sprint) and only 2 weeks in am considering going to Sprint/LG and ******** because this seems like such a rudimentary thing that makes Android more desirable than iOS.

I don't want to deal with a stupid app client, or app, or 3rd party cloud. I should be able to plug my phone into my computer and move things back and forth. It's not rocket science!!!

Frustrating.

EDIT: Was not working on an 8.1 machine, DOES work on my older laptop running Windows 8.
Could have been wonky USB ports or just poor Windows 8.1 support.

Last edited:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Because I for one don't trust Google to keep any of my data private, and neither should you. (Look into the NSA spying and collusion with Google/Microsoft) I don't want my pictures to exist anywhere I cannot control the information, and who can access it.

Simple as that.

I respect your opinion, not trusting Google, but why the f*** do you have an Android phone then? There's Blackberry and also Windows. Or root your phone and lock it down!

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I also have Sprint's 990 that doesn't let pc suite work right. I believe there are peculiarities about the implementation of access to the sd card as well.

md_parrothead

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I see issues with PC Suite have been going on for a while. I cannot get the driver to work under Win 7--the laptop will not see the phone via a USB connection, but the phone will charge on that connection. PC Suite, therefore, will only see the phone via wifi, and--with all due respect to other opinions--that is a less efficient way to move large amounts of data around. I am in agreement with the comment above--at this stage in Android and smart phone evolution, I cannot comprehend that I cannot simply plug the phone into the computer and have all this done without intervention.

walt63

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I am in agreement with the comment above--at this stage in Android and smart phone evolution, I cannot comprehend that I cannot simply plug the phone into the computer and have all this done without intervention.

Exactly. It's like Google insists on forcing you to use their cloud based systems.

Posted via the Android Central App

Esther Chen LG G3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I found this link which help me finally get my PC Suite to recognize to my mobile LG G3 and I successfully got to sync my photos and videos!

I cant post link in this forum but i found it on reddit website under the question "Anyone having issues connecting their phone to a computer?"

When you connect your phone, the device should recognize that it's connected to a computer, and it'll probably say that it's MTP.

Step 1: Connect your phone via USB to your computer,

Step 2: give the phone about 10-20 seconds, then drop down your notification bar and click that USB notification that says it's connected with MTP, and it'll bring you to the USB settings. (You can find this message in your notifications - just pull down your notifications by scrolling from top of your Home Screen down to get your notifications on your android)

Step 3: With MTP already checked, tap it again, as if you were checking MTP for the first time. This prompts the computer to read your device.
Like I said, I know it sounds really stupid to have to do, but it works for my phone, and hopefully it works for you.

This work for me, after trying for 3 days to install and re-install my PC Suite and my USB driver, plugging in and out my device in my computer, nothing work, until i found the notification message and that is where you find the option "PC Connection". I'm so relief! and so Happy!!

Neil Foster1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
It is NOT a user issue, it is an LG issue. PC Suite works fine with my LG L20 (D100), but it will not work with my LS990 (Sprint LG G3). Many Sprint and Verizon customers are reporting this issue. If you go to the LG website, PC Suite is not even offered under downloads for the LS990.

LG product support told me to download the version for another LG G3 model. That did NOT work. It seems that LG dropped the ball on this one! :mad:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
It is NOT a user issue, it is an LG issue. PC Suite works fine with my LG L20 (D100), but it will not work with my LS990 (Sprint LG G3). Many Sprint and Verizon customers are reporting this issue. If you go to the LG website, PC Suite is not even offered under downloads for the LS990.

LG product support told me to download the version for another LG G3 model. That did NOT work. It seems that LG dropped the ball on this one! :mad:

You can't blame LG for dropping support of an obsolete product. There's really no need for it...

Neil Foster1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the LG G3 last week and I have been absolutely astounded at the quality and sharpness of the device!

However, coming from a Samsung phone I have been looking all over for something like Kies 3 for the PC so I can sync all my SMS and Photos to my PC, as well as text or browse my phone's directories wirelessly.

I have tried LG PC Suite but apparently the LG G3 isn't supported yet (Or at least the LS990 isn't)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to alternatives or other software that they use?

Thanks in advance!

I just purchased an LS-990 and ran into the same issue. There are some versions of LG Sync that work with the G3, but NOT the LS-990 (Sprint)

After spending HOURS (mostly on hold) on the phone with LG product support who couldn't grasp the problem. I FINALLY got a hold of a tech support person who was willing to do some research on his end. The result is:

LG HAS NOT YET DEVELOPED A VERSION OF LG SYNC THAT WILL SUPPORT THE LS990. I was assured that they'd tell me when a compatible version comes out. I won't hold my breath!

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
WiFi Transfer Pro works great to transfer files and pictures and SMS Backup syncs text and MMS messages to your Google account inbox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord