[Solved]How to bring back vertical recently opened apps display?

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy A71, Android 12, One UI = 4.1. When I first got my Galaxy A71, the recent apps button showed a vertical stacked overlapping list of my recent open apps. This was great. For some reason, this display was replaced by a horizontal slide list that only shows 1 open app at a time. How to go back to the vertical stacked overlapping list of open apps?

Can a custom launcher do this?

See the left side of the top pic to see the open app display I want. https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/11/android-5-0-lollipop-thoroughly-reviewed/6/

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to bring back vertical recently opened apps display?

I assume the list changed with an OS update? If not, you probably have Good Lock installed with the Home Up plug-in (and if you don't, then you can use that to change your task list!)

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

I installed the Samsung Home Up app and that fixed it. Yay! Now when I hit the Recent Apps button I can see a vertical list of about 7 of my recently opened apps and can select any one I want. Nice! :)

How do I mark this thread as SOLVED?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I installed the Samsung Home Up app and that fixed it. Yay! Now when I hit the Recent Apps button I can see a vertical list of about 7 of my recently opened apps and can select any one I want. Nice! :)

How do I mark this thread as SOLVED?
Awesome
I'll mark it solved