{SOLVED} Stock Dialer, missed calls, Truecaller

bobthedinosaur

Nov 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi, all!

I have a Fold 3 after recently moving from an S22. Have used Truecaller for years and prefer it over the samsung stock dialer aka "phone" app.
I've got TC set as default dialler and have all the notifications settings handled in TC.

Problem is that I still get missed call notifications on my lockscreen and taskbar from the stock dialer! Which is annoying AF.

I've gone into the stock dialler's notification settings in android settings and the option to turn off notifications is greyed out and set to on.
I can silence lockscreen and badge notifications but then when i click on notification categories both "missed call" and "voicemails" are greyed out (but toggled on) and I can't toggle them off.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I just discovered the option in app permissions to remove "phone" permission from the stock dialler. Maybe that fixes it. will update.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Not that I am overly concerned at this point, but has anyone experienced issues with screen refresh rate viewing content on the larger inner display then closing the Fold and using the outer display?

It's been driving me crazy since the latest Android update. The refresh rate gets stuck in a lower rate and everything is jittery. The only way to fix that I've found is go into settings, display, motion smoothness, select standard, then apply. Obviously this isn't the setting I want but then I go back into motion smoothness settings, select adaptive, apply, and everything is back to normal again.

I'm supposed to get my S24U tomorrow. I'm so done with the Fold that I feel for anyone who isn't able to upgrade. I just paid the remaining balance early so that I could get rid of it when preorders opened for the S24U.

Until Samsung changes the ratio to make the outer display usable and does more to get the crease smoothed out on the inner display, I have no interest in paying nearly $2K for a device.