some phones can view web stream, some cannot

TekNiKal

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I greatly appreciate and thank you in advance for any help provide.

My church has a web stream that uses Flash video. I have a HTC Incredible. My phone can view the web stream using the Stock browser. There are two other people working with me that have Android devices. One has a Samsung Epic and the other has a Motorola Droid 3.

When both of them try to view the web stream using their browser, there is a play button in the video window. When they press play, it loads a media player that cannot playback the web stream. I asked both of them to go into their browser settings and make sure "mobile view" was not checked. There wasn't an option for "mobile view."

Does anyone have any idea why the web stream would not play through the browser and why the web stream won't play through the media player?

P.S. The video is encoded in .mp4 format.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, first I'd make sure they actually have Flash installed, since it's a market download.

If so, it may be that they have some media browser installed that is set as the default playback device for MP4 files.

I would go into the settings ("menu -> settings -> applications") then find whatever app is opening up on their phone and then you should be able to press the button called "clear defaults"

Then have them try to open up the video again, and it should prompt them for what program they want to open it in. Have them choose the browser.