Some Unlocked Prices

ssells

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the seller at Ebay is back up:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Unlocked 32GB GSM HSPA+ Android 4.0 ICS | eBay

I just placed an order with him. I feel confident ordering through Ebay. Last year I received $1200 back from Paypal/Ebay after I did not receive a laptop I ordered. Paypal investigated for several weeks and then refunded the money.

If the seller is legit he is probably a dealer or fronting for a dealer possibly in the UK. I hope he is not planing to be first in line at Best Buy, walk in, put down his credit card and ask for 250 unlocked Galaxy Nexus. If so he will be in for a surprise.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, new member here. I've been patiently waiting on word of an AT&T version of the Galaxy Nexus. I really hope it doesn't come down to having to buy an unlocked version.

I do see that more Ebay ads are now popping up as well. Look at this one and his pretty high asking price: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS | WORLDWIDE SHIPPING | BRAND NEW, SEALED | eBay

It's interesting the guy says late November early December. The UK release has been confirmed for November 17th (if I remember correctly). That is an expensive listing. I bought the one for $600.

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
What's really interesting is that I just walked out of the ATT store. I asked the rep working there about the Samsung Galaxy S2 and of course since I'm in California he said it's only available online. He was being really, really helpful and we struck up a conversation. I asked him about the Galaxy Nexus and I said that is the phone that I really, really want.

Well, he has never heard of it.(Not too surprising) However, this was surprising: I was getting ready to leave as he was helping someone out before me and they were waiting on activation of a phone. As I'm getting ready to leave, he said, well do you want to find out if we are gonna get it? I said yes!(Duh!) He made a phone call and left it on speaker phone. The guy on the phone knew about the phone right away. Final answer is this: ATT is getting it and is getting it sometime at the end of the month.

No joke, I jumped up and down with joy. I couldn't believe it! He definitely knew the phone because as soon as the instore rep mentioned the name he had an answer right away. Especially saying sometime at the end of the month but we don't know when. It's definitely the Nexus and no confusion.

I am freaking thrilled right now because I really don't want to pay $600 for a phone.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What's really interesting is that I just walked out of the ATT store. I asked the rep working there about the Samsung Galaxy S2 and of course since I'm in California he said it's only available online. He was being really, really helpful and we struck up a conversation. I asked him about the Galaxy Nexus and I said that is the phone that I really, really want.

Well, he has never heard of it.(Not too surprising) However, this was surprising: I was getting ready to leave as he was helping someone out before me and they were waiting on activation of a phone. As I'm getting ready to leave, he said, well do you want to find out if we are gonna get it? I said yes!(Duh!) He made a phone call and left it on speaker phone. The guy on the phone knew about the phone right away. Final answer is this: ATT is getting it and is getting it sometime at the end of the month.

No joke, I jumped up and down with joy. I couldn't believe it! He definitely knew the phone because as soon as the instore rep mentioned the name he had an answer right away. Especially saying sometime at the end of the month but we don't know when. It's definitely the Nexus and no confusion.

I am freaking thrilled right now because I really don't want to pay $600 for a phone.

This gives me hope. I would like to eat my words about AT&T... but its AT&T. Still, maybe we will see a turn around from them and this phone will come out by the end of the year.

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
This gives me hope. I would like to eat my words about AT&T... but its AT&T. Still, maybe we will see a turn around from them and this phone will come out by the end of the year.

I really, really hope that guy was really talking about the Galaxy Nexus. I talked to Blackmannx and he said there is no word of ATT picking up this phone yet, so it's not likely coming at the end of the month. I am going crazy here. All I want is a solid answer that ATT will be getting it. If not then I'm just going to go with the S2 and enjoy it. I really can't stomach paying $600 for an unlocked version. It's just too much.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I really, really hope that guy was really talking about the Galaxy Nexus. I talked to Blackmannx and he said there is no word of ATT picking up this phone yet, so it's not likely coming at the end of the month. I am going crazy here. All I want is a solid answer that ATT will be getting it. If not then I'm just going to go with the S2 and enjoy it. I really can't stomach paying $600 for an unlocked version. It's just too much.

I agree, 600 is a lot of money. Sadly though, I started my ATT contract in June, so I don't think I will be getting it cheaper nonetheless. :(

aimetti

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
my upgrade is due,

i just plan on buying an iphone 4s w/ my upgrade for 199. Sell it for 600ish then use that to buy the SGN.

Works for me i guess.

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
my upgrade is due,

i just plan on buying an iphone 4s w/ my upgrade for 199. Sell it for 600ish then use that to buy the SGN.

Works for me i guess.

That's what I did with T-Mobile. I renewed my grandfathered plan in September and got the Blackberry 9900 for $50 and then sold it on CL for $550. I then sold another old Blackberry 9000 for $120 on CL, so when it's all said and done, includeing taxes, the unlocked $600 Galaxy Nexus I bought off of Ebay cost me $7.00.

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, after more thinking I was like duh! I'm due for an upgrade on the 8th. I'm just going to get the Galaxy S2, use it for a week or so. Then sell it on Ebay or Craigslist for about $400, then I'm really just paying an additional $200 out of pocket($400 total out of pocket really) I can live with that.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, after more thinking I was like duh! I'm due for an upgrade on the 8th. I'm just going to get the Galaxy S2, use it for a week or so. Then sell it on Ebay or Craigslist for about $400, then I'm really just paying an additional $200 out of pocket($400 total out of pocket really) I can live with that.

I've basically done the same thing. Sell my previous phones I've been carrying around on Craigslist for more money to go towards the GN. This way its cheaper, and the wife can't yell as much.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the seller at Ebay is back up:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Unlocked 32GB GSM HSPA+ Android 4.0 ICS | eBay

I just placed an order with him. I feel confident ordering through Ebay. Last year I received $1200 back from Paypal/Ebay after I did not receive a laptop I ordered. Paypal investigated for several weeks and then refunded the money.

If the seller is legit he is probably a dealer or fronting for a dealer possibly in the UK. I hope he is not planing to be first in line at Best Buy, walk in, put down his credit card and ask for 250 unlocked Galaxy Nexus. If so he will be in for a surprise.

What's strange is I sent him a question on ebay about an updated release date. I figured it would somewhere after November 17th when the UK phones come out. I'm reading though, that the UK may not get the 32 GB version. I then thought, has the 32 GB version even been announced anywhere for release? Can you guys send him some questions about where he is getting this phone from? I'm wondering if we'll get it now when AT&T gets it. Maybe he knows something we don't.

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for preordering the Factory Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB. Your item will be shipped as soon as it is officially released by Samsung. The release date has been announced to be sometime this month, but an exact date has not yet been confirmed. I will update the tracking information through Paypal the day the phone is released. - cakalyasin
I don't know where he's getting it from, but I received this message yesterday.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The UK price is 550 pounds sterling.

Which means it will be around 550 US dollars. Just wait for an actual retailer to sell it here.

wrong. over $880usd at todays conversion/exchange rates!!

I'd rather wait and spend the extra $600 on beer and other substances...

wpbfjr on the road

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
wrong. over $880usd at todays conversion/exchange rates!!

I'd rather wait and spend the extra $600 on beer and other substances...

wpbfjr on the road

I think you may have misunderstood. The UK price of tech is usually the same as the US price but in pounds instead of dollars thus a UK price of ?550 implies that the US price will be $550 if you wait for a US retailer to sell it rather than Import it, When that will be I haven't a clue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choll