Something Bad Is Coming For Legacy T-Mobile Customers

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh no... Legacy as well. I actually changed my phone # for a "new line" to get on my parents plan for a TOTAL of 100$. Unlimited Everything. Plus, switched a sim to my old iPad Air 1 (12.5.7) Cellular access. They do not get gr8 reception when in the mountains of PA., but over all decent.
So CHEAP

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's always just been a matter of time. I'm actually surprised I've been able to keep my old Magenta plan this long. I've toyed with the idea of moving over to Google Fi, but I've had a solid experience with T-Mobile over the years, and their international perks are really nice (free texting and 5 GB of high speed data/month in a lot of countries without having to add anything onto the plan), so I'll probably just accept the price increase.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
And so it begins...

My increase is also $5.00 per month, per line. I have 2 lines, so 120.00 a year.

I lost my $10.00 a month auto pay credit last July, as I didn't want to change from a credit card remittance & give them my bank info for auto withdrawals. (They leak data like water running through a colander.) So in less than a year, I'm seeing a $240.00 annual increase.

That could be quite painful for someone with several lines. 😕

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I had a leftover data line (Tab S8+) after we moved our phone lines to AT&T last summer. There were a couple of installment payments left on the device and I got a notice today that it was going up $2/mo. Paid off the device and cancelled the line. No hurt feelings, just clearing the deck.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny