something fishy with T- Mobile

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine shows $0, I was told the other day that those prices reflect equipment payment plans not jump on demand. Which makes no sense, down payment should be the same either way.

The screen shot was on my account. But I went and no down payment, just tax on full price. I have the Blue Note 9 right now.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
don't really understand the benefit of JOD outside of paying half to upgrade. Only been with tmobile 4 months and paid half of my S9+ and got the note 9 for 0 down and the new lower cost.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
don't really understand the benefit of JOD outside of paying half to upgrade. Only been with tmobile 4 months and paid half of my S9+ and got the note 9 for 0 down and the new lower cost.

You're confusing Jump with Jump on Demand. Jump you have to pay half to upgrade, Jump on Demand you can get a different phone every 30 days.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know of some people swapping from Verizon just to get their phone paid off then they go back to Verizon. Stuff like that.
I always pay cash for my phones so I lose out on all that stuff. In fact I rarely get ANY discount nor promotion. I once tried buying direct from Samsung but my credit card kept refusing payment because of the time lapse between initial purchase and actual payment. It's so odd to actually have to pay MORE than anyone else because I WANT to pay it off immediately removing any risk that I'll stiff them.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I always pay cash for my phones so I lose out on all that stuff. In fact I rarely get ANY discount nor promotion. I once tried buying direct from Samsung but my credit card kept refusing payment because of the time lapse between initial purchase and actual payment. It's so odd to actually have to pay MORE than anyone else because I WANT to pay it off immediately removing any risk that I'll stiff them.

Well it isn't too odd. They really want people to be locked in so having a payment helps to lock some people into service in a way. Kinda like a contract... So they offer deals to help people want to buy.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well it isn't too odd. They really want people to be locked in so having a payment helps to lock some people into service in a way. Kinda like a contract... So they offer deals to help people want to buy.
I know but a LOT of people just stop paying for the phone and them and walk away. Obviously not enough to offer deals to folks like me.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You'd be amazed how little some people care about their credit rating. Of course then when they move out of mom's house the troubles begin.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, regular jump.
I'm not sure why the whole process isn't just streamlined for all upgrades. If you're on JUMP, you know you need to pay off half of the phone to upgrade. So, a down payment might be something you want, especially if you have an idea when your next upgrade will be. For JOD, you want to pay into it as little as possible because you don't know when your next upgrade will be.
They won't get rid of JOD because they like to advertise this as a selling point.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why the whole process isn't just streamlined for all upgrades. If you're on JUMP, you know you need to pay off half of the phone to upgrade. So, a down payment might be something you want, especially if you have an idea when your next upgrade will be. For JOD, you want to pay into it as little as possible because you don't know when your next upgrade will be.
They won't get rid of JOD because they like to advertise this as a selling point.

Yes I know I have to pay half off to get a new phone. Since I only want the Note series it works perfect. The low price and higher monthly payments on the 9 is perfect for me.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That was my thought as well. I actually looked into this during the pre-order and they told me the down payment was the same. Didn't really think about it when I saw the lower prices last week.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello