Sony Xperia XZ2. No service, Emergency calls only.

Jul 14, 2023
Visit site
As the title says No service, Emergency calls only.
The IMEI is recognised, and I've tried changing the preferred network type. No luck.
The signal strength is always at minus.
I opened it up thinking there was a physical problem and discovered that the antenna connection on the PCB in the bottom right corner of the phone had come off so I got a new board and replaced it, along with the antenna for good measure, but still nothing.
I'm at a loss now and really don't want to give up on it as I've just replaced the screen.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
David

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What carrier are you on? You already tried a replacement SIM card?

What's the exact model number of your phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That phone should support EE's 4G bands without an issue. Since you already fixed the antenna and it's still not connecting, I'd wonder about a faulty SIM reader. Are you able to clean the SIM reader contacts with rubbing alcohol?

Reactions: J Dubbs
Jul 14, 2023
Visit site
That phone should support EE's 4G bands without an issue. Since you already fixed the antenna and it's still not connecting, I'd wonder about a faulty SIM reader. Are you able to clean the SIM reader contacts with rubbing alcohol?
I did read somewhere else about someone who had, had to readjust the pins in the sim reader. Bend them back into place as they weren't making contact properly.

How exactly do I go about opening the sim reader though? doesn't seem to be any obvious way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I did read somewhere else about someone who had, had to readjust the pins in the sim reader. Bend them back into place as they weren't making contact properly.

How exactly do I go about opening the sim reader though? doesn't seem to be any obvious way.
Sorry, I wouldn't know. I would definitely leave that to a tech professional.

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Jul 14, 2023
Visit site
In the top search bar type network see if anything comes up?
Oh, I'd taken the sim back out...
Now the Mobile network Menu looks like the first pic. It has an Access Point Names menu now (second pic), but nothing is selected.

It's the weirdest thing, under Sim Status it recognises that the sim is EE and the phone number, but no service.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715-160603[1].png
    Screenshot_20230715-160603[1].png
    120.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230715-160756[1].png
    Screenshot_20230715-160756[1].png
    50.9 KB · Views: 2

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh, I'd taken the sim back out...
Now the Mobile network Menu looks like the first pic. It has an Access Point Names menu now (second pic), but nothing is selected.

It's the weirdest thing, under Sim Status it recognises that the sim is EE and the phone number, but no service.
Ok tap EE internet see what happens, it doesn't look highlighted

Reactions: Laura Knotek