Sound turns off when screen goes black

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Bought phone july 2018 and have since listened to music etc via headset. Now, suddenly the music/sound stopes after between 9-20 minutes and the screen is dark. Before that was ok and the sound continued, but not now.
I have not changed a single thing on the phone and I have tried to find the solution in the manual but so far I haven't.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which app are you using to listen to music? Any power-saving modes turned on? Is Restrict Background Data turned on for the app?

GalaxyS9Plus

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi thx.
It is a Samsung Galaxy S9plus
I listen to music online via a webpage or sometimes downloaded pods, sometimes radio, it varies.
No , restricted bakground data is not turned on and powersaving has been on since the very first day I bought it. As I mentioned, I have not changed a single thing....I was happy as I was...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Pie update rolled out to the S9 line fairly recently, and as usual, it came with a number of apparent bugs (as well as a lot of major UI changes and new features that might be confusing to some).

Just as a test, turn off power-saving and see if the problem persists.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Undoing an update means using Odin to flash the previous firmware: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html. Unfortunately, once on the old firmware, the phone will then prompt you to install the update, and probably won't let you refuse after a certain amount of time unless you root the phone and disable the system updater.

If you use an app that is definitely supposed to stay on while the phone is asleep (like Google Play Music or YouTube Music), does the playback still stop on its own? (The browser usually doesn't stay awake.)

GalaxyS9Plus

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
really? well, it is not for me then... You tube stays on, even the screen. If I play musicfrom a radiostation or so ithe screen goes dark and after approx. 9 munites the music stops.Now, I downloaded Firefox last night and it seems to work there!The same radiostation never stopped in Firefox! Just when I had Chrome where I wanted it...never mind, guess I have to be happy now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87