Spare battery question

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got my spare battery, SD card and battery charger from the promo for buying the G4. Should I swap the batteries on a daily (or other) frequency to keep both batteries used the same amount? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually swap them monthly. Fully charge the one you take out and keep it with you in some kind of plastic pouch (even a couple of baggies will be enough to keep loose change or keys from shorting the terminals). Then if the one in the phone drops to 40%, swap them. (Try to never drop a lithium battery lower than 40%.) I still have a pair of 11 year old batteries for my spare phone that give me about 95% capacity.

If you're going to store one of them for a long time, let it drop to 40% before you put it away and keep checking it every month or two. If it drops to 30%, charge it back to 40%. (At 40%, it self-discharges slower than if you start at 100%.)

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have three batteries; the original that came with my phone, the battery "promo" battery and the second battery promo that was mistakenly sent to me. :) I've numbered them 1, 2, 3 and swap them out every few days. Funny thing I noticed it #2 consistently lasts longer than the other two batteries.

David

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have three batteries; the original that came with my phone, the battery "promo" battery and the second battery promo that was mistakenly sent to me. :) I've numbered them 1, 2, 3 and swap them out every few days. Funny thing I noticed it #2 consistently lasts longer than the other two batteries.

David

I had my first G4 replaced and they gave me a new sealed G4 but only took back the main body of the original one so I have a spare everything except phone. I also find a difference in the two batteries, same with my Note 4 when I had it. With the note 4 I used to swap them every charge but tat was because the spare battery came with a charger/holder.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got my spare battery, SD card and battery charger from the promo for buying the G4. Should I swap the batteries on a daily (or other) frequency to keep both batteries used the same amount? Thanks.

I run through the first battery about early afternoon and then i swap.

Posted via the Android Central App

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
With the note 4 I used to swap them every charge but tat was because the spare battery came with a charger/holder.

I was prepared to do that but thinking about having to remove the case and then the cover daily I figure might be a bit annoying after awhile. I do have a charger that was part of the promo so I can charge the spare one before making the swap. I think I like the idea of swapping monthly. And keeping the spare on me in case there is a time where circumstances find me with a very low battery and out and about.

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Aye, I plan to swap probably once per month... I'd be prone to probably breaking the snaps for the back cover if I was constantly removing it every other charge cycle lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if swapping it monthly will do anything since I don't think I would keep the phone for more than 3 years. I think I may just swap it after 18 months or something.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I usually swap them monthly. Fully charge the one you take out and keep it with you in some kind of plastic pouch (even a couple of baggies will be enough to keep loose change or keys from shorting the terminals).

The charger that comes from the LG promo is more easily pocketable than a loose battery in a couple baggies. It would appear the charger was (well) designed to be pocketable with the battery inside. No need for baggies.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
How long did it take to get the battery with this promo. I did mine last Wednesday so I know it will be while.

bluemoongreg

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

David

Was wondering if I was the only one that got the battery & microSD card as promised, then got another battery & microSD card in an unexpected package about 2 weeks later.

Flush with batteries & storage... makes my inner geek smile :).

Keeping one in my backpack as a spare, should I ever need more juice & not have access to charger and/or outlet (hasn't happened yet, no trouble getting through the day on one charge so far), & one is in a drawer at home. Probably won't replace the original until it's capacity will no longer get me through a long day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO