Spb shell 3D on PHOTON?

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have Spb shell 3D on the PHOTON??? If so, is it worth the money and is there any good widgets or apps on it (clock widget, live wallpaper, or anything customizable) or any that can be used on it. I've searched for full reviews on it but can't seem to find one. Any advise would help. Thank you.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Spb shell 3D on PHOTON???

I have SPB and I really like it. I think it runs very smoothly. I also switch between Launcher Pro, the stock launcher, and SPB. I does have some decent widgets, but most widgets that I use are stuff I got from the market. It has a lot of options for customization. I like the fact that each page can have a title (calendar, entertainment, travel, etc.). It makes looking for things very easy.

Do I think the price is high? Yeah, compared to other launchers that are available, but it is also a very different program, so I think while the price is high, I also think it's fair for what you get (maybe I am just telling myself that to justify spending the money...)

I think its a good launcher, and works very well, especially on the Photon.

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the advice, i just got it and so far im loving it....any good apps for widgets that work on spb shell????

b737thurman

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Holy cow! Used it on my win ce phone years ago and loved it then. Now look at it! It's all grown up! Time to go buy it.

wcdove24

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Great launcher. I use it myself and love it. The only thing that it lacks is in the widget department. Other than that I love it

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I'm loving SPB!!! Like most people, I wish there were more widget options but even without a large selection it's still a great launcher.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

How well does it compare with Go Launcher Ex?

The entire "GO" line works fabulously on my Photon. The biggest plus for me is that it doesn't crash when phone is docked- unlike SPB Shell 3D. According to them, this is a known issue and a pretty bad one at that.

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Just about 2days ago its been bricking my phone and causing things to crash so im not sure if this is a software issue or if its due to heat since its 108 degrees where im at. Still waiting for a response from the software company. Any good free launchers that don't crash???

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just about 2days ago its been bricking my phone and causing things to crash so im not sure if this is a software issue or if its due to heat since its 108 degrees where im at. Still waiting for a response from the software company. Any good free launchers that don't crash???

LauncherPro works very well for me.

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I have SPB and I really like it. I think it runs very smoothly. I also switch between Launcher Pro, the stock launcher, and SPB. I does have some decent widgets, but most widgets that I use are stuff I got from the market. It has a lot of options for customization. I like the fact that each page can have a title (calendar, entertainment, travel, etc.). It makes looking for things very easy.

Do I think the price is high? Yeah, compared to other launchers that are available, but it is also a very different program, so I think while the price is high, I also think it's fair for what you get (maybe I am just telling myself that to justify spending the money...)

I think its a good launcher, and works very well, especially on the Photon.
how do you switch between shell 3d and stock....clear defaults doesn't work

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and it caused my screens....to turn black. I mean a text could come through I could drag it down and see it. But my screens were black I could not see any icons etc.... Had to do a hard reset.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The downside to SPB Shell is that it'll eat battery like you're jump starting your car with your phone.

It certanly runs a boatload better with this phone that it did on my Evo 4G, but it's a power hog from the word go.

bj

Alik R

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

You might want to watch this:

well guys, i hate to disagree with one statement made in that video - about gorilla glass on photon. mine is already scratched and i don't even know how i did it, because the phone is in my pocket all the time, and there were no keys or anything sharp to do it... that scratch drives me nuts... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spivey23