Speed Dial?

cward0625

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I can't see a speed dial function on the Motorola Droid??? I couldnt find anything in the manual either. I see it has this on the motorola feature page:

SPEED DIAL

Direct dial shortcut, direct message shortcut

I tried many things on the Phone feature, and I tried looking at the contacts edit options to see if you can assign them to a number. 1 works for voicemail so I figure i am just missing this somehow.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the closest i've found is in:

settings / applications settings / quick launch

you can then assign a contact to a combination of the search button + a letter

austink

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I created a folder on my homescreen and then place direct dial shortcuts in there for all of my speed dial contacts.

I think that is what Motorola is referring to, since you can create a shortcut on the desktop to direct dial any contact number. I just moved it to a folder to save desk space (only adds one tap, and avoids need to open keyboard)

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
how do you add contacts to your home page or direct dial contacts?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking under widgets instead of shortcuts.

potroast#AC

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the direct dial shortcut thing. Speed Dial Old School comes pretty close to the way I'd rather do it. Press a shortcut number then the phone button. Press and hold would be even better.

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
i always accidentally press those darn shortcuts and call someone in the middle of the night, not a big fan of them

nylaw620

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
bug in software or not and it's no big deal. It involves speed dialing. I actually find it easier to dial someone who I call alot by adding a contact widget to one of my screens. Alternatively when in dialer if I hit settings then it brings me to the speed dial list. I should be able to just hit a number and when it brings me to a contact list just type in the name of the contact and tap the number for it to be assigned a speed dial number. What happens is this though. If I hit ba for example and it brings up bal which is a verizon contact preinstalled (#bal) it assigns it with no problem. But if , for example, I type in jef to get your name and then tap on one of your numbers it doesn't add it to speed dial. However, if I hit a speed dial number and then scroll down to your name and tap it and then tap one of hour numbers it will add it to speed dial. I went to vzw. They suggested a hard reset. They said if that doesn't work I should realize that the operating system is being constantly updated and not to worry. *As I said I am able to create speed dial contacts but not the way I should. Is this just an os problem or problem with my device. I did the hard reset but no difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24