Spent a considerable amount of time with the Ultra today

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
So I work for Verizon and we got in the launch kits yesterday. I got the red Ultra activated today and tiled around with it for about four hours.

So the phone is stupid thin. It's about as thin as the Droid RAZR but the rounded unibody makes it feel thinner. It feels stiff as a board and feels very, very high quality. It's a tad taller than the S4, about like the DNA. The gloss finish is a finger print magnet but it's no where near as bad as the blogs are making it sound. The SIM tray built into the volume keys is clever too.

The screen is awesome. Blacks are abysmal and the brightness is awesome. Looks as good as the GS4 , but stock Android suits AMOLED better then Touch wiz so that's probably why.

Software is cool. I've been wanting a stock experience on a Motorola for ages now. Nothing here that's any different than the Moto X. The launch models launch with even more boat than the retail models so no comment there.

All in all its a sweet phone. I'm really excited that I ordered the employee edition for myself. I was second guessing it but not anymore. Active notifications alone make this phone worth while.

Posted via Android Central App

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I assume by "work for Verizon" you work in a store. Any chance these phones will hit the sales floor before Tuesday? I thought about stopping in or calling one of them, but I was busy at work. Is it worth doing that or should I just wait until the 20th?

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I assume by "work for Verizon" you work in a store. Any chance these phones will hit the sales floor before Tuesday? I thought about stopping in or calling one of them, but I was busy at work. Is it worth doing that or should I just wait until the 20th?

I don't work in the stores usually but I was at a meeting with some managers and decided to play around. We were letting customers play with them yesterday so it's worth a shot.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
What did you think of the speaker? The one on the X has gotten good reviews.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
What did you think of the speaker? The one on the X has gotten good reviews.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I didn't get to try it but Motorola has done a fantastic job on their speakers lately so I'm not worried. It looks giant though. Way bigger than the Moto Xs

gamepolice

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I too work for Verizon and we played around with our demo units all weekend. Great phones, really fast, beautiful screens and really comfortable to hold. The red version is really nice. After playing with it I've decided to dump my S4 and upgrade to the Ultra. I would go with the Max but we employees get a special edition of the ultra that looks really nice.

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I too work for Verizon and we played around with our demo units all weekend. Great phones, really fast, beautiful screens and really comfortable to hold. The red version is really nice. After playing with it I've decided to dump my S4 and upgrade to the Ultra. I would go with the Max but we employees get a special edition of the ultra that looks really nice.

Same here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance