[SPH-D710] Build FI27 Source Code Published

er99

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Anything about improvement with battery life is what I'm wanting to hear. Please let me know about battery temp.

battery life has been pretty good or shall i say acceptable. been using update for a couple of weeks now and seems to be pretty consistent drain. its not as good as it was on GB. maybe 80% of the life i got with GB. I still have to charge phone every night after moderate internet/ phone use but it gets through the day alright. I do carry my charger around though if i think i might need to use the gps/map. i used my gps for a couple of hours the other day to find a business. i would shut off the screen when i could but the map/direction finder was always on for the two or three hours and it drained 50% of my battery. it worked flawlessly though. gps update and tracking was smooth and very accurate. i hope battery life gets a little better but i can live with it as it is. as a side note though....i never use wi-fi or bluetooth so wouldn't know how those may have an effect and my screen brightness auto-adjusts.

i have had no issues at all with a hot phone or battery since the upgrade.

Last edited:

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Anything about improvement with battery life is what I'm wanting to hear. Please let me know about battery temp.

Updated OTA Oct 29th. Battery vastly improved (see pic) and no heating issues.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
Sent from my SPH - D710

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352079829198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352079829198.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 19

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Dang that must be nice! Just got the update over the weekend. Worse battery life than before. Thats with letting it discharge and do a full recharge. Had to charge mine in the middle of the day after a full recharge, we're talking 6 hours on a full charge, minimal use and only 4 prog running in background. Shocked would be an understatement.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Dang that must be nice! Just got the update over the weekend. Worse battery life than before. Thats with letting it discharge and do a full recharge. Had to charge mine in the middle of the day after a full recharge, we're talking 6 hours on a full charge, minimal use and only 4 prog running in background. Shocked would be an understatement.

do a factory reset....that may extend your battery life....just my 2 cents!

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
do a factory reset....that may extend your battery life....just my 2 cents!

Good idea. I performed the FR a while back following the initial OTA to ICS so it seems factory reset help at some point following updates.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
Sent from my SPH - D710