SPH-D710 USB Keyboard using Samsung's USB adapter.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I know there are other threads on this topic but most of them are way out of date.

Months ago, I had purchased the Samsung Micro USB to USB Adapter.

Part number:ET-R205UBEGSTA

Samsung's own description is:

This pocket-sized device turns your SAMSUNG Smartphone into a USB host, allowing you to connect compatible USB accessory devices such as keyboards, mice, thumb drives and more to your phone. The adapter enhances the capabilities of your SAMSUNG Smartphone, providing a solution for user-friendly removable data storage or the sharing of your favorite multimedia files with your phone. Insert a USB mouse or keyboard to improve enterprise efficiency at the office or at home. Simply connect a USB memory stick or USB cable from compatible devices to the USB port on the adapter and then insert the adapter into your SAMSUNG Smartphone.

Price $19.99

When it came, I just threw it on my desk alongside all the other stuff that is mounting and just never got around to playing around with.

I want to hook up a keyboard that has a touchpad (as the mouse). I have a bluetooth keyboard that has the touchpad as mouse and it does work. But it's too small.

So I figured I'd try the usb keyboard that I have.

But from all the reading, it says that this function is disabled on the Galaxy S II for the US.

I was checking over on XDA, but got totally confused over there.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

I'm told the software is there but that Sprint told Samsung to keep it disabled.

If it's disabled, isn't there a way with a rooted phone to just go in and turn the switch on?

I figured if I knew where in the kernal is the switch. What file has the switch in it.

And would I need any drivers for it?

I installed something from the market that was suggested on XDA called USB HOST Controller.

I ran that and there was an info tab and it is coming up stating: S3C USB Host driver not found!

Does anyone know were to get this S3C USB Host driver?

Has anyone gotten an external USB keyboard to work on their Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (SPH-D710).

Thanks!

Rob

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Not as of yet. Zedomax was working on a kernel for our phone, but stopped as he didn't have a lot of time to work on it.

I bought one on the adapters too, after watching a youtube video showing a european version hooked up to an external hard drive. Never occurred to me that the feature would be disabled on our US version; especially since in the Ebay auction that I bought it from had the Epic Touch listed in the description. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582