Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I've got a cheapo Caseformers hybrid thing on right now. Power button is covered by the rubber inner layer, but IR blaster still works. Hope that's also true for the Spigen, because it looks pretty badass.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone get a Spigen case? If so, I'm curious about the grip.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I believe different colors have a different feel. I have one on my Nexus 5 in black and it has almost a soft touch feel to it, slightly grippy. I've heard that the metal slate color has a matte finish that is slightly slick. I don't know about the other colors. I really like their cases and will probably get one for my M8 at some point. If i do, I'll probably go with the black since it has a more grippy feel to it based on my experience with the Nexus case. Just checked their website and the black is showing mid April availability.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
The green one and the gun metal have my interests currently. I had a white one on my S3 a couple of years back and it was quite slippery.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I got mine today and thought I'd post some initial impressions and few pics in case anyone is interested.

I really like the case so far, just got it today. The buttons feel great and the case makes the phone much less slippery. It also does not add too much bulk to the phone. Of course it adds some bulk and doesn't feel quite as nice in hand as the metal finish, but at least I won't drop it from being too slippery. It appears all ports are easily accessible. I have confirmed that the IR blaster doesn't work with the Slim Armor case on, which is a shame but not a deal breaker.

I bought the dot view case as well, and overall I like the Spigen Slim Armor better. Sorry for the poor quality pics, I took it sitting on the couch with my Note 3. Hopefully the pics still give you some idea of the fit and finish of the case and how the phone looks with it on. If you have any other questions just ask!

13815225405_0afaf30012.jpg

13815225635_f773543b79.jpg

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. The IR blaster thing is a deal breaker for me. Shame, because I love the looks of this case.

Posted via Android Central App

LesMizzell

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody have the EXACT measurements of their HTC M8 with the Spigen Slim Armor on? They're not listed on the Spigen site anywhere.
I'm having a custom leather carry case made, but I also want to use the Slim Armor, and the leather folks need to know the size so I get a good fit...

Know I could just wait until my Spigen arrives and measure it myself, but I'd kinda like both to show up at the same time...

TIA

LesMizzell

May 30, 2014
Visit site
It appears all ports are easily accessible. I have confirmed that the IR blaster doesn't work with the Slim Armor case on, which is a shame but not a deal breaker.

I don't have a problem with the IR blaster. Don't think I'll be using it anyway. However, the cutout for the USB is too small for the stock cable to plug in, so I've got three choices:
  1. file the plastic around the connector on the cable down to fit - probably the best option
  2. Enlarge the opening on the case with an X-Acto knife
  3. Take the case off to charge (not good if I'm on a long trip in the car and need to charge there...)

Nilson13

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with the IR blaster. Don't think I'll be using it anyway. However, the cutout for the USB is too small for the stock cable to plug in, so I've got three choices:
  1. file the plastic around the connector on the cable down to fit - probably the best option
  3. Take the case off to charge (not good if I'm on a long trip in the car and need to charge there...)

Are you sure it's the stock cable? Mine fits just fine with my spigen slim armor.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, my origional charger works fine with the slim armor case on. You must have a different case, different charger, or a crappy setup.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just got this case yesterday. Loving it so far. Cut outs are perfectly aligned and it looks good and feels protected.

Posted from my M8

Xylomaphoner

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Ehh the loss of the IR blaster isnt a big deal for me. Love the gunmetal color!!

I agree. It's not that big of a deal to me, especially considering how great the case is. I have the silver one, but I REALLY love that blue one (kind of looks gunmetal to me). Classy case of a classy phone. I would recommend it in a heart beat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson