Spreadsheet comparing Verizon LTE phones

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Anybody understands the memory configuration on the Droid Bionic?
- "2GB flash rom and 14GB Shared Storage"

Is it saying that 2GB can only be used for App storage or can the 14GB be used for App storage?

Yeah. I thought that was odd too, but that's how it's listed on the MotoDev spec sheet. My assumption (and purely a guess on my part) is that it's the same 16gb of internal storage that some of the other devices have but just broken out differently to show that 2gb is reserved for the o/s and the other 14gb available for apps and user data. Makes sense since that spec sheet is geared toward developers and not general consumers.

Reactions: cuttyr

Panthersfan86

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the Revolution supposed to have one of LG's new Nova display's? or is that just the 2X with the dual core that has a Nova Display? and man I can't believe that the bionic looks so amazing and yet still terrible at the same time. I love the dual core, and if the UI is like that of the X then it will be great, but the internal memory, and the front facing camera make me want nothing to do with this phone, especially when you put it next to something like the revolution or the Thunderbolt which both have 1.3 mp ffc's and some amount of internal memory. and as far as Samsung's 4G device goes i'm not at all impressed, it is basically my current phone(the Fascinate) with a little bit bigger and better screen, 4G, Froyo, and a ffc. Unless Sammy has made some serious refinements to touchwiz then i don't see much of a difference.

KKShiz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot Richard! Having the info side-by-side is obviously very helpful. Mostly likely going to scoop up the Bionic when it drops.

cuttyr

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the Revolution supposed to have one of LG's new Nova display's? or is that just the 2X with the dual core that has a Nova Display? and man I can't believe that the bionic looks so amazing and yet still terrible at the same time. I love the dual core, and if the UI is like that of the X then it will be great, but the internal memory, and the front facing camera make me want nothing to do with this phone, especially when you put it next to something like the revolution or the Thunderbolt which both have 1.3 mp ffc's and some amount of internal memory. and as far as Samsung's 4G device goes i'm not at all impressed, it is basically my current phone(the Fascinate) with a little bit bigger and better screen, 4G, Froyo, and a ffc. Unless Sammy has made some serious refinements to touchwiz then i don't see much of a difference.

The front facing camera on the Bionic could be better I agree but vga to 1.3mp am not sure you will notice the difference.

As for the internal memory, that is still up in the air. Base on 2GB flash and 14 non-removal shared storage that's a total of 16GB on the Bionic. As to how you will be able to use that I guess we don't know as yet. The Thunderbolt only has 8GB internal and the LG Revolution has 16GB of which we don't know how either is formated.

Coming from a HTC Droid Incredible with 8GB internal that can't be used to store apps just shows that saying internal storage don't mean anything until we know if it is format for app storage.

Godwellz

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Why the DROID X came out after the EVO and does not have the capability to to convert to 4G (knowing it was just months away and the phone costing over $400) is just pure greed. Motorola should give all X and Droid Pro owners a $200 discount.
[Okay, back to reality]

Panthersfan86

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The front facing camera on the Bionic could be better I agree but vga to 1.3mp am not sure you will notice the difference.

As for the internal memory, that is still up in the air. Base on 2GB flash and 14 non-removal shared storage that's a total of 16GB on the Bionic. As to how you will be able to use that I guess we don't know as yet. The Thunderbolt only has 8GB internal and the LG Revolution has 16GB of which we don't know how either is formated.

Coming from a HTC Droid Incredible with 8GB internal that can't be used to store apps just shows that saying internal storage don't mean anything until we know if it is format for app storage.

Yeah you have a good point. But does anyone know if the Nova display will be on the revolution?

jeffmorr

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If youre willing to care about other carriers, you can add that Bell in Canada is getting the Atrix, so you could add that with AT&T.

Also, for the Tunderbold, maybe you should write that the size is similar to the Desire HD, as their nearly identical

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The guys that got to try the bionic (I'm looking at you Phil & Cory) how prevalent was Blur? I noticed the launcher wasn't the same as the X and certainly the ugly one found on hte Atrix. Is it just blur widgets? I was hoping for sense with dual core, but the Bionic is soo tempting, especially if blur is toned down.

Me too. I wonder how "updated Motoblur" compares to the current version that seems to be commonly loathed. I have no personal experience with either and so can't comment.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you have a good point. But does anyone know if the Nova display will be on the revolution?

I've searched and haven't been able to find any official or hands-on confirmation of the Revolution's screen type. I would think that it's likely that the Revolution will have the Nova display since the Optimus has it, but I haven't seen a credible source confirm it. So I'll hold off putting in that tidbit for now. Keep your eyes open though and let me know if you find any more news about it.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If youre willing to care about other carriers, you can add that Bell in Canada is getting the Atrix, so you could add that with AT&T.

Also, for the Tunderbold, maybe you should write that the size is similar to the Desire HD, as their nearly identical

I've added Bell next to AT&T. Thanks for that. Do you have a link to a hands-on review commenting about the size similarity between the Desire HD and ThunderBolt?

benjiprice#AC

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why these phones are coming out with Froyo instead of Gingerbread. I wish Verizon had a pure Google Phone.

Along those lines, I'm surprised at the lack of NFC. Not that it's a must-have feature, I was just expected these types of phones to incorporate once Google made the technology available and put it in the Nexus S.

rewd

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much!!! I'm considering these four phones when I move from a stale BlackBerry on AT&T (yuck!) to VZW and an LTE Android phone as they start coming out over the next few months. I'd narrowed it down to that Samsung phone and the Droid Bionic but damn if your spreadsheet doesn't make that Bionic look AWESOME!!

Can any of you experts help me understand the difference in screen resolution. How will 540 x 960 (qHD) compare to 480 x 800 (WVGA)?

Thank you

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why these phones are coming out with Froyo instead of Gingerbread. I wish Verizon had a pure Google Phone.

Along those lines, I'm surprised at the lack of NFC. Not that it's a must-have feature, I was just expected these types of phones to incorporate once Google made the technology available and put it in the Nexus S.

Based on my experience with large projects, it all boils down to the timing. At some point you have to lock down the specs of any development project or "scope creep" will prevent you from ever finishing anything. There's always "one more idea" that you want to implement, but doing so delays engineering, coding, testing, training, marketing, distribution, etc. You have to draw the line somewhere. Gingerbread, NFC, dual core, advanced screen tech - all great features but each takes time to implement and sometimes the timelines don't all line up the way you want them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky