Recommend decent Verizon LTE phones available with replaceable battery?

A

AC Question

Recommend decent Verizon LTE phones available with replaceable battery

I have been using a 3G Droid 3 on Tracfone for a year and like the small size and the keyboard, with tracfone being very cheap when I don't make calls a lot. Main problem is the Droid3 wi-fi doesn't work very well (compared to my laptop) in my own house, so, hoping with a newer phone wi-fi might be better also?? I've read that ANY Verizon LTE will now work in their BYOP program. I would like to upgrade to a LTE phone and get a bit faster phone all around. I need one with decent battery life plus replaceable battery because I use the phone on week long hikes on the Appalachian and other trails. I've discovered that buying extra batteries on ebay is cheaper, and lighter, than buying those booster chargers. I suppose the keyboard is out with newer phones?? I don't need anything "top of the line" of course, but maybe $150 range in a new or used phone from reliable online seller. Edwin in Alabama

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recommend decent Verizon LTE phones available with replaceable battery

LG G3 or G4. Samsung also has a replaceable battery, but the bootloader on the AT&T and Verizon versions is locked and welded. If not being able to use a custom recovery or flash a custom ROM doesn't bother you, a Samsung will also do.

Depending on the amount you use the phone (if you're in the wilds, turn off everything except, if you need it, GPS, because you won't be getting a cell signal in most places, and that kills your battery), a 10,000mAh power bank might last you a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter