Sprint Hero 2.1 released(facts and finding/complaints)thread

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so help me get this straight(I'm an active webOS user, root & everything). My wife has an HTC hero(stock), if I update her phone, I should make sure all photos are backed up on her memory card, contacts with google correctly and what about apps? Are apps backed up with phone or tied with the android market and will all be back on phone like webOS?

I really appreciate the help......Thanks in advance!!!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so help me get this straight(I'm an active webOS user, root & everything). My wife has an HTC hero(stock), if I update her phone, I should make sure all photos are backed up on her memory card, contacts with google correctly and what about apps? Are apps backed up with phone or tied with the android market and will all be back on phone like webOS?

I really appreciate the help......Thanks in advance!!!

Yes save pics to sdcard,contacts will be backup if they are saved as google contacts,apps will be deleted if you have paid ones they should be under downloads in market.You can use astro to back up apps.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You could always download the one that says for the dev's in the hacks section, it appears to be the same file... I would't install it on mine, though (even from HTC).

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The first time you setup your phone, if you run to settings, get a wifi connection, then go to market--> downloads, all your apps will be there (although some of mine were missing when i installed a ROM based off of this one last night) and you can download them. Do not backout of the app or they disappear.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
The lack of OTA for we Mac users sucks. Guess I'll be heading over to the nearest Sprint store to get the update and the dust under the screen taken care of.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Can't believe that Sprint "worked" on the update for this long and there are a bunch of BUGS??? What a bunch of ding dongs. Not like they had any time to get it right.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
And looks like it's down. Again.

I'm getting a bunch of permission denied errors when attempting to download the update. Anyone else got it?

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The first time you setup your phone, if you run to settings, get a wifi connection, then go to market--> downloads, all your apps will be there (although some of mine were missing when i installed a ROM based off of this one last night) and you can download them. Do not backout of the app or they disappear.

you can use appbrain for that purpose too.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Im uploading it for everyone that just wants to use the ruu.Just think about it while i upload are you sure you want to ruu?YOU CANT GO BACK AFTER.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
how about the bug that causes your data connection to turn off, butthe EVDO indicator is still on. I wonder if that one is fixed

kingjah2gz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
im still using the sprint 2.1 leak from last week but as of today alot of the missing apps that are protected are now showing back up in the market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow